Zimbabweans in franchise league

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
tej_27

Re: Zimbabweans in franchise league

Post by tej_27 »

Blessing is currently playing ILT20. was he always in the team? Or got drafted mid season

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

tej_27 wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:15 pm
secretzimbo wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:31 pm
Considering he’s both Zimbabwean and a Muslim it is remarkable really
Ohh God its not about being muslim. There are so many muslim players in India itself.
Oh come on. Try explaining how Adil Rashid - one of the best white ball bowlers of this century has had so few IPL gigs over the years? Obviously there’s loads of Muslim players including domestic and foreign in India but it’s definitely a disadvantage. As is having a Zim flag next to your name as well.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

tej_27 wrote:
secretzimbo wrote:
Ohh God its not about being muslim. There are so many muslim players in India itself.
It would be the Pakistan link wouldn’t it?
Same reason that akhtar dude in the England test squad is held up
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Crastle_cog

Post by Crastle_cog »

secretzimbo wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:33 pm
tej_27 wrote:
secretzimbo wrote:
Oh come on. Try explaining how Adil Rashid - one of the best white ball bowlers of this century has had so few IPL gigs over the years? Obviously there’s loads of Muslim players including domestic and foreign in India but it’s definitely a disadvantage. As is having a Zim flag next to your name as well.
Please secret. There is no agenda against any muslim in India. Stop swallowing what the western media wants you to believe. You've 4 foreign players a side and India has a good spinner from almost every state. It's hard for any foreign spiner to get into the IPL. Samuel Badree is hindu and one of the best t20 spinners of all time, why didn't he enjoy a more quantified IPL gig over the years?

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Mate I’m from Zimbabwe, I definitely don’t just swallow everything the western media says.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Ya Shaoib Bashir of England can’t get a visa for the 1st Test. Didn’t Khawaja have the same issue. Moeen did at one point if I recall years ago.

Crastle_cog

Post by Crastle_cog »

Why does everything about India need to be negative in this forum?
There are fans who talk nonsense, there is the BCCI monopoly, BCCI destroying cricket, Indian fan arrogance, etc which myself and my other fellow indian posters also acknowledge here. But I don't get the point of finding faults out of nothing. There are literally so many afghani players playing the IPL. You've muslim Indian players in almost every ipl team, you've about two muslim players playing almost every game for India Raza's 2nd biggest fanbase is also probably in India.

Crastle_cog

Post by Crastle_cog »

secretzimbo wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:09 pm
Mate I’m from Zimbabwe, I definitely don’t just swallow everything the western media says.
Exactly my point of why I didn't expect you to say such

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:08 pm
secretzimbo wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:21 pm
How can a guy who’s in high demand by basically every single league - which is extremely rare for a Zimbabwean - not be considered world class?

We’ve never had anyone named in an ICC team of the year before in our history. Raza has just done it two years in a row!
all leagues?
Never been in the BBL.
Its 50/50 whether he gets another IPL gig. In typical Raza fashion he was wildly inconsistent against the good attacks.

I think if a player was world class, he would be drafted highly in the IPL and we wouldnt be questioning whether he was there or not.

Like Taps said, Raza wouldnt make the top 3 + NZ international teams.

If you are world class, you make every team, unless a rare situation like where Stuart Macgill, a top 3 leggie of his day is up against Warne, the best of his day and theres no real room for two. For arguments sake I'll ease that and say he makes 11/12 test nations teams, which he doesnt.
no one plays in the bbl tbf

Marshmallow

Post by Marshmallow »

Blessing muzarabani joined Gulf giants team in Ilt20 tournament.