Zimbabweans in franchise league

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Marshmallow

Zimbabweans in franchise league

Post by Marshmallow »

Sikandar Raza, the man in glorious form, will join Rangpur Riders in upcoming BPL. He will be available for some games.

TapsC2

Re: Zimbabweans in franchise league

Post by TapsC2 »

I have been thinking about how long we might have Raza for before he calls it a day. He is enjoying his game and is also at the very top of his game. It doesn't look like he has any fitness issues and from the way his reputation has grown he is bound to cash in big time in the franchise leagues over the next few years.

There is even a chance he could get an IPL contract depending on he does over the next week against Bangladesh and the Dutch, 2 games I think he could really dominate and potentially earn us a semi final spot. The india game will also be huge for him.

I was thinking he would last until after the 2024 T20 world cup but who knows if the contracts are still coming in hot he might push on as far as 2027 into his early 40s.. if he can stay fit of course

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

The only thing I don't know in terms of the IPL is that Raza was born in Pakistan. I don't know if that will affect his chances if he performs over the next week.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

TapsC2 wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:07 am
The only thing I don't know in terms of the IPL is that Raza was born in Pakistan. I don't know if that will affect his chances if he performs over the next week.
Shouldn't matter. Imran Tahir had a fruitful IPL career.

Marshmallow

Post by Marshmallow »

Sylhet strikers sign Ryan burl for upcoming BPL season

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

There is a Swaminarayan Pro Twenty league going on in Kenya: https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/swa ... nd-results

Chigumbura is playing there. There are some other big names from around the world too - Kevin O Brein, Thisara Perera, Owais Shah, Richard Levi, etc. Not sure if More Zimbos are involved...

Kenya seems to be running a more attractive domestic T20 league at this point than Zim :(

andrea lanzoni

Post by andrea lanzoni »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:58 am
There is a Swaminarayan Pro Twenty league going on in Kenya: https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/swa ... nd-results

Chigumbura is playing there. There are some other big names from around the world too - Kevin O Brein, Thisara Perera, Owais Shah, Richard Levi, etc. Not sure if More Zimbos are involved...

Kenya seems to be running a more attractive domestic T20 league at this point than Zim :(
Yes, and it is ....embarassing.

A T20 league is of utmost importance.

Two possibilities:
- a brand new T20 league to be played in Zimbabwe and Namibia. No joking: best part of the year would be during IPL. A second (or third) tier of players would be available in a period of time when bigger contenders would not compete with IPL, so no t many alternatives for players not playing IPL.
- start-up a Zimbabwean franchise (almost mirroring the national squad) and begging to be added to the newly SAT20 league.

Marshmallow

Post by Marshmallow »

Sikandar raza signed for Aura Dambulla in Lankan premier league 2022.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Doesn’t sound like we will see Raza in Zimbabwe until the Windies series :(

Rocks will miss him and Blessing!

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Its going to be a tricky period between him and ZC but unlike other scenarios he really has all the leverage especially if he somehow pulls off an IPL contract. The IPL season is long. I wouldn't be surprised to see him retire from ODIs and tests if we don't make the ODI world cup. Although one thing about Raza is that he loves playing cricket so he might just play as many games as he possibly can