Zim Team Arrives

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Detective RDS

Re: Zim Team Arrives

Post by Detective RDS »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:

I thought "no chance" when Detective RDS said Rogers... but there is quite a resemblance. Look at the chin and adam's apple. It looks too young to be Ziehl (he's in his late 40's I think) although he was sporting a similar hair-do during the Sri Lanka series. This is a really interesting situation here... I'm really interested to find out who it is. My money is on Ziehl, but if it is Barney Rogers then it we have definitely witnessed a New Years miracle.

Waller is the one under Sean Williams. Out of interest, Malcolm Waller pronounced "Waller" with the same sound as "Smaller", or "Waller" with the same sound as "Dollar"? Does anyone know?

My first guess on the guy accepting the flowers was Lovemore Banda, but maybe it's Givemore Makoni?

As for the second photo; Utseya, Mupariwa, Chigumbura.
Here is a picture of DIRK VILJOEN:
Dirk Viljoen.jpg
Dirk Viljoen.jpg (12.04 KiB) Viewed 2923 times
It's the picture of the unknown person:
Unknown Person.png
Unknown Person.png (90.58 KiB) Viewed 2923 times
Let me explain one thing to all.I thought this unknown person to be Malcolm Waller at first.

I thought the person who is infront of Williams as the unknown person and wondering who is he.Acctually he was Malcolm Waller.Since Waller has long hair like Barney Rogers so I guessed for Rogers.But I came to know from zimfan1 that the 5th white unknown person is accually who is behind Cremer whom I thought to be Malcolm Waller but he wasnt Waller.So,I did a mistake first understanding the clue. :roll:

No chance of being the unknown person to be Barney Rogers as Rogers has long hair but the unknown person doesnt.I thought him Alistair Campbell but as brmtaylor.com admin said,he isnt.Possibility of Kenyon Ziehl or Dirk Viljoen.This unknown person seems to be young a bit,I think there is no chance of his being over 40.I think,it's Dirk Viljoen.The unknown person has some similarity with Dirk Viljoen.It has to be Dirk Viljoen.I think,he is with the coaching side.He is only 31,must play for Zimbabwe again.Even I always wish,but not possible!!!

zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by zimfan1 »

THE Zimbabwe cricket side arrived in Bangladesh on Sunday, for a three-week tour.

A 14-man squad led by captain Prosper Utseya arrived in the Bangladesh capital Dhaka mid-morning, and was joined an hour later by opening batsman Vusimuzi Sibanda who flew in from his club-base in Australia. The travelling party then took a four-hour road trip to the northern city of Bogra.

The Zimbabwe tour opens with a three-day match against the GP-Bangladesh Cricket Board National Cricket Academy team at the Shaheed Chandu Stadium in Bogra. The match begins on Tuesday.

Zimbabwe will then return to the Bangladesh capital to take part in the GrameenPhone Tri-nation Cup, at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium in Mirpur.

They open their account in the One-Day International (ODI) triangular series with a match against the hosts on Saturday before playing the third side in the tournament, Sri Lanka, on Monday. Bangladesh and Sri Lanka will play on the 14th of January and then the top two sides will meet in the final on the 16th.

After the tri-nation tournament, Zimbabwe will play three ODI matches against Bangladesh. The matches are on the 19th, 21st and 23rd of January, at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium.

Zimbabwe squad:
Prosper Utseya (captain), Elton Chigumbura, Graeme Cremer, Keith Dabengwa, Hamilton Masakadza, Stuart Matsikenyeri, Christopher Mpofu, Tawanda Mpofu, Forster Mutizwa, Raymond Price, Edward Rainsford, Vusimuzi Sibanda, Tatenda Taibu, Malcolm Waller and Sean Williams.

Givemore Makoni – manager;
Walter Chawaguta – coach;
Douglas Hondo – assistant coach;
Anesu Kafesu – match analyst;
Lorraine Chivandire – fitness trainer;
Amato Machikicho – physiotherapist;
Kenyon Ziehl – selector-on-tour.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

So the mystery is solved. It was Kenyon Ziehl.

tlse

Post by tlse »

malcolm waller is with sean williams, this is kenyon zielh who is with cremer no doubt

Detective RDS

Post by Detective RDS »

tlse wrote:malcolm waller is with sean williams, this is kenyon zielh who is with cremer no doubt
Ya,it's the selector Kenyon Ziehl.Two things abt him shocked me:

1)Firstly,when I saw him from his picture which was posted by brmtaylor.com admin that he is white.I thought where the white players were overlooked previously,there must be a selector who is black.It's a good thing that this 15 players Zimbabwean side has 4 white players.Good sign,they really deserve places in the national side for their performance.

2)Kenyon Ziehl is probably in his late 40's.But seeing his picture I can say he has grew younger a bit.Looks like he is in the mid 30's.

maehara
Administrator
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by maehara »

Actually, two of the three selectors are white - Ziehl (who is apparently related to Kevin Curran - can't remember precisely how at the moment), and Jackie du Preez, who played for South Africa at Test level way back when & has also played for Rhodesia and Zimbabwe.

zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by zimfan1 »

kenyon is 45 years old

PlanetPakistan

Post by PlanetPakistan »

Best of luck to ZIM

Kopje
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles