Match thread: GP-BCB Academy XI vs Zimbabweans

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Match thread: GP-BCB Academy XI vs Zimbabweans

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Match: Grameen Phone Bangladesh Cricket Academy vs Zimbabweans

Dates: Jan 6 - Jan 8 (Three day match)
Venue: Bogra, Bangladesh
Weather: Sunny, Cloudy, Sunny - all days in the low to mid 20's.

Zimbabwean squad: Prosper Utseya (Captain), Hamilton Masakadza, Vusimuzi Sibanda, Sean Williams, Tatenda Taibu (Wicketkeeper), Stuart Matsikenyeri, Elton Chigumbura, Keith Dabengwa, Tawanda Mupariwa, Edward Rainsford, Christopher Mpofu, Raymond Price, Graeme Cremer, Malcolm Waller, Forster Mutizwa (Wicketkeeper).

GP-BCB Academy squad: Jahurul Islam, Md. Mithun (Wicketkeeper), Nasiruddin Faruque, Naeem Islam (Captain), Marshall Ayub (Vice Captain), Kamrul Islam Emon, Saqlain Sajib, Robiul Islam, Rubel Hossain, Sajedul Islam, Raihan Uddin Arafat, Mahmudul Hasan, Ashraful Aziz, Nazmul Hossain

Let's use this thread to discuss the 3-day match beginning tomorrow. Seeing it's against the academy team, I guess it won't be an official First Class match. Looking at the players in that team, I haven't heard of any of them (maybe Detective RDS knows about some of them). Even over 3 days, Zimbabwe should win this match comfortably.

Train Driver
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Match thread: GP-BCB Academy XI vs Zimbabweans

Post by Train Driver »

The Bangladesh Academy side, according to cricinfo :?

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/bdeshvzi ... 85322.html

Happy New Year to you all, i hope that 2009 will be a large improvement on 2008

Detective RDS

Post by Detective RDS »

GP-BCB Academy squad: Jahurul Islam, Md. Mithun (Wicketkeeper), Nasiruddin Faruque, Naeem Islam (Captain), Marshall Ayub (Vice Captain), Kamrul Islam Emon, Saqlain Sajib, Robiul Islam, Rubel Hossain, Sajedul Islam, Raihan Uddin Arafat, Mahmudul Hasan, Ashraful Aziz, Nazmul Hossain.

It's not an official FC match,it's a tour match for the Zimbabweans.Ya,I know most of them.From the 14 players in the squad,3 players hv appeared in the test level.They are the captain Naeem Islam,Nazmul Hussain and Sajidul Islam.

1.Naeem Islam who is 22 years old could hv been playing the test series against Sri Lanka.But just before the test series,he sustained a hand injury and was left out from the team.He is a right handed batsman and an off spinner.It's a way for him to get back into the ODI squad by showing some performance and fitness.Naeem played 2 tests(1 against New Zealand and 1 against South Africa).He didnt enjoy much success in the test level but was impressive enough in the ODI level.In 2 tests he has 44 runs at 11,best 19 and taken 1 wicket at 46.But in 5 ODIs he has scored 87 runs at 43.50,best 46* and took 7 wickets at 32.57,best 3/60.He has a good FC record with the bat scoring 2474 runs in 46 FC match at 35.34 with 17X50,4X100,best 126.In his last FC match he scored 87 runs against Rajshahi Division and bowled a figure (6-1-11-1).In his last List A match which he played yesterday scored 21 runs.But he will be the main player of GP-BCB Academy in this match.

2.Nazmul Hussain who is 21 years old is always coming in and getting out from the squad for the last couple of years due to injury or having good pacers by Ban who hv past Nazmul.Nazmul is a left arm medium fast bowler.I can remeber he has bowled a figure of 3/60 against Australia in the Natwest Series 2005 in England including a wicket of Mathew Hayden.He did play only one test back in 2004 against India and bowled a figure of (25.5-4-114-2)in an innings defeat match of Bangladesh.He played 19 ODIs and took 19 wickets at 41.36,best 4/40(probably against India).Last played against Australia in the 2nd ODI in Darwin but didnt bowl.He didnt hv a good NCL taking 6 wickets in 4 matches at 38.50.best 3/49.But he bowled a figure of (10-2-31-1) against Dhaka Division in his last List A appearance in Jan 2.As he did appear in the international level,he is called here to give him a chance to show his performance in order to get into the side.

3.Sajidul Islam who is 20 years old is a very good young left arm medium fast bowler.He has played 2 tests against New Zealand in New Zealand and took 3 wickets at 58.33,best 2/71 in Dunedin.Sajidul was with the squad which toured South Africa recently.He has a good FC record taking 98 wickets in 33 FC match at 28.52,best 6/51.He has bowled a figure of (10-1-32-2) which he played for Ban A against Durham in England in his last List A match.He played 6 matches in NCL and has taken 18 wickets at 21.83,best 6/51.He will definitely earn international call if he fires up with the ball in this match.He will be the key bowler for GP-BCB Academy team in this match.

4.20 years old Marshall Ayub is the vice captain of this match.He is a young talented right handed batsman and a leg spinner,infact an all-rounder.Marshall has a good domestic FC record scoring 1367 runs in 28 FC match at 32.54 with 6X50,3X100,best 181 and has taken 32 wickets at 29.25,best 6/90.He is the 10th leading run scorer in the NCL scoring 499 runs in 10 matches at 31.18 with 2X50,1X100,best 181 and took 10 wickets at 27.60,best 4/36.It's a just a matter of time that he will earn international call up through performance.

5.22 years old Jahurul Islam is an another talented right handed opening wicket-keeper batsman.He has played 50 FC match and scored 2632 runs at 31.71 with 19X50,3X100,best 139.He is the 4th leading run scorer in the NCL scoring 603 runs in 10 matches at 43.07 with 3X50,1X100,best 130.I think,he will be called in the national squad if Mushfiqur Rahim is injured or lost his form.

6.25 years old Nasiruddin Faruque is a right handed opening batsman.He has played 42 FC match and scored 2030 runs at 30.29 with 11X50,4X100,best 141.He is the 5th leading run scorer in the NCL scoring 580 runs in 10 matches at 34.11 with 2X50,2X100,best 109.He has given a chance for this performance.

7.22 years old Kamrul Islam is a right handed middle order batsman.I'm not so convinced abt his selection.He has played 20 FC match and scored 787 runs at 24.59 with 4X50,1X100,best 159.He didnt hv a good NCL season either in 9 match he scored 306 runs at 23.53 with 3X50,best 89*.But I think his List A record has helped him in this selection.In 11 List A match he scored 221 runs at 36.83 with 1X50,best 78*.He did score a 29* to help his team into victory in his last List A match yesterday.

8.I think,18 years old Mithun Ali will be a player to be watch ou for.He is a right handed wicket keeper batsman.From his cricinfo profile,I came to know that he likes to bat like Adam Gilchirst in a aggressive way.True saying,he has just hit yesterday in a List A match against Barisal Division an aggressive 57 runs in 47 bowls with 1 boundary and 5 sixes!He has played 12 FC match and scored 535 runs at 24.31 with 2X50,1X100,best 106.

9.Robiul Islam is a pace bowler.He is the inform bowler in this team.In 24 FC matches he has taken 79 wickets at 29.41,best 5/60.He is the 2nd leading wicket taker in the NCL taking 48 wickets in 9 matches at 19.31,best 5/60.In his last FC match against Rajshahi Division he has bowled figures of (16.2-0-68-5) and (19.5-1-81-3).He is really knocking the door of the international team and this is a good chance for him to show his promise.

10.19 years old Rubel Hussain is a right arm medium fast bowler.In 8 FC match he has taken 19 wickets at 44.52,best 5/60.He has played 2 matches in the NCL and taken 8 wickets at 23.62,best 5/60.In his last FC match against Sylhet Division,he has bowled his career best figure of (14.2-2-60-5).In 9 List A match he has got 13 wickets at 25.15,best 3/13.He also represented Bangladesh A side.He bowled a figure of (4-1-19-0) against Ireland in a Twenty-20 match in Eglinton,Ireland.I hv also heard that he can bowl very fast.A lots of talent has included him in this squad.

11.I think,Saqlain Sajib is a spinner with a very good domestic record.In 10 FC match he has taken 40 wickets at 20.57,best 6/101.In 15 List A matches he has taken 25 wickets at 21.36,best 4/17.He has bowled a figure of (9-0-33-1) against Dhaka Division in a List A match yesterday.He has bowled figures of (3-0-3-2) and (20-9-36-2) against Chittagong Division in his last FC match.He has got 9 wickets in 3 matches in NCL at 19.55,best 3/55.

12.18 years old Ashraful Aziz is a right handed opening batsman.I dont know anything abt him.Seeing his record I cn say he has got the opportunity of his being young.He has played 5 FC match and scored 183 runs at 18.30 with 1X100,best 105.

13.18 years old Mahbudul Hasan is a right handed batsman and a right arm off spinner of Bangladesh U-19 team.He hsnt appeared in the FC level yet.I think,he won't be selected in the final eleven.

14.Raihanuddin Arafat is a leg spinner.In 9 FC match he has taken 21 wickets at 36.57,best 3/35.He has bowled a figure of (24.2-6-80-2) against Dhaka Division in his last FC match.His age is unknown but I think he is young and so he has got the benifit of it.I think,he has got less chance of being selected in the final 11.

Probable Team: (11 batting,11 bowling)

1.Jahurul Islam
2.Nasiruddin Faruque
3.Marshall Ayub(Vice Captain)
4.Kamrul Islam
5.Naeem Islam(Captain)
6.Mithun Ali(WK)
7.Ashraful Aziz
8.Sajidul Islam
9.Nazmul Hussain
10.Robiul Islam
11.Saqlain Sajib
Rubel Hussain(12th men)

In my opinion,this will be the best team.BCB hasnt picked up some players who hv done well in the National Cricket League(NCL) as the domestic One day tournament is going on in Bangladesh.This is a good chance for the Zimbabwean to hv some match practise and by winning this match they can certainly boost their confidence level.
Last edited by Detective RDS on Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hoodlum

Post by hoodlum »

I want to see Rubel Hossain in the playing XI...if he performs well he might get a chance in the 3-match series

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

hey hoodlum see that you made it across from bangla cricket, hope your here to stay

rubel hossion is fast but inexperianced, i dont think he is anywhere near the bangladesh national team at the time

i feel that we will find this game more difficult that the one day series difficult as the bangladesh x1 boys have been playing a lot of cricket recently looking at there first class competition and these players will be the in form players

Detective RDS

Post by Detective RDS »

I don't think this tour match will be as difficult for the Zimbabweans as the ODI series.The best players of Bangladesh are playing international cricket right now.It also cant be denied that the inform players are also named in the BCB Academy team infact 3 international players are in the side:Naeem,Nazmul and Sajidul.Amoung them Naeem Islam of course will be in the ODI squad of Bangladesh.Selection of Nazmul and Sajidul will be depended on their performance.There is inform players in the BCB Academy side like Jahurul Islam,Nasiruddin Faruque,Robiul Islam,Rubel Hussain.Marshall Ayub and Mithun Ali are talented players with some decent domestic performance under their belt.Saqlain Sajib is a spinner,but his name will come in the national side after Shohowardi Shuvo and Nabil Samad who are engaged in playing List A matches.But Kamrul Islam,Raihanuddin Arafat has got the benifit of their young age while Ashraful Aziz and Mahbudul Hasan is very inexperienced.

In Rubel Hussain's selection,I think it will be difficult for him to make into the 11.He is just 19,he has got many time for being selected.Ban international side has got Mashrafe Mortaza,Shahadat Hussain and Mahbubul Alam.It is to be noticed that Ban coach Jamie Siddons wants to stick with the players who hv played in the international level.So,the performance of this match will speak,I think from Nazmul and Sajidul,one will be selected.There are 2 domestic pacers are also in the side:Robiul and Rubel and Robiul has got better performance than Rubel.So,it will be really tough for him.But if he can do anything extra-ordinary,he will be selected.

riankhan

Post by riankhan »

Actually, the team isnt selected considering the domestic performance (fully)
Its a kind of mixed with experiences, talent and potentiality.

As per the Academy and Bangladesh A coaches (like to two srilankan coach bd has), Rubel hossain is just waiting to be called in the test team. He just needed to be fit 100%.

Ashraful Aziz, Raihanuddin Arafat, Mahmudul Hasan are in the team only coz of their talent, they didnt performed well/none at the domestic level.

90% of the national league stars aint given chances in the squad!!

Only the Nayeem has better chance from the squad to get in to the national side.

Still, the bowling department is strong, and batting is full of naturally gifted players with less experiences.

dylan

Post by dylan »

can any one get any live updates for this match or find out who is playing for zimbabwe in this match

dylan

Post by dylan »

zimbabwe won the toss and chose to bat and our 3 for 60 and 11 overs have been bowled

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

That's appalling. A run rate of 5.5 isn't needed in a 3 day match, I'd much prefer to be 0/20 from 11 overs than 3 down...
Nazmul Hossain has 2 wickets.