Mukhulani may run for ICC chair

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
TapsC2

Re: Mukhulani may run for ICC chair

Post by TapsC2 »

So the model includes how much revenue you bring in. We bring in nothing

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

TapsC2 wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 8:05 pm
Ireland got more money than us because their broadcast deal was maybe 200 times more than ours. The UK and Ireland TV rights were bought by sky sports for over 200 million. We don't have 1.
the UK part of 'UK and Ireland' doing 99.999999999999% of the heavy lifting here.

If thats the case then Scotland, Jersey, Guernsey and the Isle of Man should be getting vast amounts too.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Obviously it makes zero sense for Ireland to get more than us - literally zero. But the real anger should be directed to the BCCI's continued bastardisation of the sport and their quite obscene amount.

I highly doubt international cricket will exist as we know it in 20 years from now. The ever increasing amounts of money in the Indian game and the ever-diminishing amounts available for smaller nations means it's highly unlikely that the current international game can be sustainable imo.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

It is indeed surprising that Mukhulani was one of the members in the panel that approved this structure. He should have done better at least in terms if getting Zimbabwe more share than Ireland.

They said cricketing history is one of the factors and surely Zim have a richer history than Ireland and then WC performance was another and Ireland have not done any better than Zimbabwe in the WC events.

I agree may be Ireland's broadcast rights are higher which helped their case.

This is not about Ireland or Zimbabwe though, the way it's going, India might only be playing themselves in 15 years time.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 8:16 pm
Obviously it makes zero sense for Ireland to get more than us - literally zero. But the real anger should be directed to the BCCI's continued bastardisation of the sport and their quite obscene amount.

I highly doubt international cricket will exist as we know it in 20 years from now. The ever increasing amounts of money in the Indian game and the ever-diminishing amounts available for smaller nations means it's highly unlikely that the current international game can be sustainable imo.
I think the IPL tv deal might be bigger than the ICC budget. Only the NFL makes more money per game. Insane. If they can make a longer tournament they will and unfortunately that will be the end of international cricket. I suspect we will just see multiple IPL owned tournaments on different continents then thats the end.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

TapsC2 wrote:
Thu May 11, 2023 8:49 am
secretzimbo wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 8:16 pm

I think the IPL tv deal might be bigger than the ICC budget. Only the NFL makes more money per game. Insane. If they can make a longer tournament they will and unfortunately that will be the end of international cricket. I suspect we will just see multiple IPL owned tournaments on different continents then thats the end.
I can tell with confidence that majority of Indian fans still want to see India play international cricket and while they like a 2 month IPL during summers, they won't be following an year long or a 6 month long IPL.

Also, very few Indian fans follow other franchise leagues.. May be a few 'fantasy gamers' but I can tell you not many were watching the ILT20, or the SA20 Or have any interest in CPL just because some IPL franchise is owning some of these teams.