Test XI - Windies series

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Donald

Re: Test XI - Windies series

Post by Donald »

Gumbies recent stats are interesting. Someone who seems to have picked up real form recently. A hundred and a few 80s. Could be he has changed his technique slightly or batting with an experienced pro like Ben compton has helped with his game. Whatever the reason it is welcome. Could be a late bloomer like Innocent Kaia. Time will tell.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Ya just batting with a top player like Compton will do it.
90% of the outs are unnecessary shots in red ball. Have 3 scoring areas and leave the rest and be patient. Easy game :lol:

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Donald wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:57 pm
Gumbies recent stats are interesting. Someone who seems to have picked up real form recently. A hundred and a few 80s. Could be he has changed his technique slightly or batting with an experienced pro like Ben compton has helped with his game. Whatever the reason it is welcome. Could be a late bloomer like Innocent Kaia. Time will tell.
No, He won’t be as good as Kaia. Gumbie will struggle big time at this level.

Donald

Post by Donald »

secretzimbo wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:52 pm
Donald wrote:
No, He won’t be as good as Kaia. Gumbie will struggle big time at this level.
One of the form players of logan cup. I guess if the madheveres of the world were running away with things we woudnt be having this conversation.
Jury is out. He may suprise. Notice he has a high backluft nowadays. Might need to reconsider that should he face shannon gabriel lol.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Form player sure, but that’s the first form he’s managed to find in about 10 years. I can’t see him playing anyway. I assume he’s in the squad as the backup keeper. They’ll go with Maunze or Makoni to open.

jw2

Post by jw2 »

sam_ahm wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:02 am
I can't think of any Zimbabwe series in recent times for which I was so uninterested. Just can't see them competing here. It will be a boring one sided affair.
I gloomily predict (weather permitting) two three-day innings defeats, which should be dedicated to our two unpatriotic Bangladeshi mercenaries, Raza and Burl. Shame on them, who used to claim such pride in playing for their country!

CalZim
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by CalZim »

Donald wrote:
The Windies fans were roasting his technique on the stream. Apparently they have never seen anything like it and that he was a “walking wicket” or something like that. A bit harsh but his stance is really odd, plays everything off the back foot, bowl a good Yorker with pace and he is done.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

jw2 wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:11 pm
sam_ahm wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:02 am
I can't think of any Zimbabwe series in recent times for which I was so uninterested. Just can't see them competing here. It will be a boring one sided affair.
I gloomily predict (weather permitting) two three-day innings defeats, which should be dedicated to our two unpatriotic Bangladeshi mercenaries, Raza and Burl. Shame on them, who used to claim such pride in playing for their country!
I can’t be mad at Sikandar. He’s done enough recently to earn freedom to choose. Also at his age and considering we play like 1 Test per year, it makes sense for him personally to pretty much retire from Tests.

I’m very disappointed in Burl though. He should be here.

Donald

Post by Donald »

CalZim wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:49 pm
Donald wrote:
The Windies fans were roasting his technique on the stream. Apparently they have never seen anything like it and that he was a “walking wicket” or something like that. A bit harsh but his stance is really odd, plays everything off the back foot, bowl a good Yorker with pace and he is done.
Bit rich considering chanderpaul snr was like a side on crab. Albiet he was very successful 😄

Donald

Post by Donald »

Ervine has been in training with the squad today so at the very least he will be playing with ballance.
Lot rests on their shoulders to be fair.
Ballance can pretty much play how he did in the one day matches with an accumulator role. This is perfect for him.
Expecting some runs from Kaia and chibhaba also.