Test XI - Windies series

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
TapsC2

Re: Test XI - Windies series

Post by TapsC2 »

jaybro wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:10 am
Im convinced that Madande is injured, has to be otherwise it don't make sense
Me too. Its the only thing that would make sense

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

For me

Kaia
Maunze/Makoni
Chamu
Ballance
Ervine
Shumba
Tsiga(wk)
Evans
Mavuta
Ngarava
Chivanga

Throw Shumba into the deepend. He picked up 3 wickets in the warmup. As for Nyauchi I have already expressed my doubts in Bulawayo. Tsiga I guess scored some runs. Madande must be injured. I don't know what else they could have possibly done given the situation.

Makoni is actually OK. Maunze has been putting in big performances locally. Can't complain about that. If Chamu gets some runs here expect him to get a national contract again.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

The rain will be the great equaliser. The West Indies might have 3 and a half days worth of cricket to get a result. Their headache will be how to get Ballance out early twice. I got a strong feeling that if we bat around him he could actually get a big score on a flat deck. He has rarely looked troubled so far.

Mavuta as well has been in serious form. He could surprise. Big series for him in his career. I don't think Blessing would have been as lethal because they have Jason Holder who if I remember correctly from the world cup was actually releasing the ball at a higher point than Blessing. They also played County together. They would have figured him out easily.

The top order will just have the role of seeing off 20 overs of the new ball. That's should be the strategy. These guys have been surprising us a lot lately. Big series for Kaia as well.

Sean Williams for me is the big miss. Got a feeling Raza was just going to come out and try smack the leather off the ball anyway.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

What they should do is get Blessing in the nets at queens so that our guys prepare for Holder. Would be a good way for him to work on his fitness. I got a funny feeling that bounce is what might get Ballance in trouble with his cut shot. He needs to practice

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

The Don batting at 7 with Chamu opening is also a real possibility here :lol: I can see it

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

TapsC2 wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:22 am
jaybro wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:10 am
Im convinced that Madande is injured, has to be otherwise it don't make sense
Me too. Its the only thing that would make sense
Me too. It’s maddening. Surely both he and Marumani should have been in the Zimbabwe XI warm up at least?!?! Surely that’s exactly where they should have been. But to both be omitted from both squads?!?!?! That makes no sense whatsoever. Tsiga is okay but he’s not on the same level potential-wise as either Madande or Marumani. Don’t get me started on Gumbie.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Mr Twig wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:04 pm
You know it’s shit when all of you have included Chibabha in your XI.
:lol: :lol: Preach brother :lol:

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

TapsC2 wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:05 am
The Don batting at 7 with Chamu opening is also a real possibility here :lol: I can see it
Lord save me

Donald

Post by Donald »

Gumbie is actually the man in form. Check out his last few logan cup scores. Impressive figures. Would open with him and Kaia.

Would like to think opening and batting with Ben compton as well as his mentoring had made him a much improved player.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

TapsC2 wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:28 am
For me

Kaia
Maunze/Makoni
Chamu
Ballance
Ervine