Ireland Tour - Discussion

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
tej_27

Re: Ireland Tour - Discussion

Post by tej_27 »

TapsC2 wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:56 am
I think it will start pouring later during the day
Forecast looks bad after 3 pm . If we make full use of early morning Harare conditions .game might not go till 3 pm

Nanctus

Post by Nanctus »

A few posts in this thread about who Zimbabwe could play, Scotland or Netherlands could be a good option. They are always reasonably competitive at t he World Cup and could offer some great experience.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Nanctus wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:27 am
A few posts in this thread about who Zimbabwe could play, Scotland or Netherlands could be a good option. They are always reasonably competitive at t he World Cup and could offer some great experience.
Again, do we want to give other teams who will be playing in the qualifiers extra match practice in Zimbabwe conditions?
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Nanctus

Post by Nanctus »

jaybro wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:32 am
Nanctus wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:27 am
Again, do we want to give other teams who will be playing in the qualifiers extra match practice in Zimbabwe conditions?
Yeah fair point. It would be good if the European nations hosted hey. Zim should offer to host them in 2024/25 in exchange for a tour a month before the WCQ. Obviously not going to happen, but surely they'd be keen for some game time. Probably not enough funds among the associates though.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

jaybro wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:53 am

Yeah not sure Pakistan B playing in Zimbabwe would be the best preparation, plus they cancelled on Zimbabwe as well recently. Also do we really want to give West Indies more preparation in Zimbabwean conditions if they are one of our opponents for a CWC spot?

Afghanistan have no other commitments during that period and cancelled the last tour so they do owe Zimbabwe. They were thoughts of why they’d be a more realistic opponent.
I think that's the wrong way of looking at it. We could play against our potential opponents on conditions we can then go back and practice on. We get to see how they fare and can take pointers on how they perform. That way we go back and practice and prepare on those conditions for what we will be facing. We then don't go into the Qualifier in a sense of the unknown. If you know the WI guys like to go wide on our pitches, for example, then we go back and prepare and practice for that.

It's been said before. Afghanistan have been arrogant towards us. We owe them nothing. They wanted to pull out for their own selfish reasons, so be it. Australia have made the right call to not play them. Us inviting them over and playing them, legitimises their regime and legitimises all their failures as a Full member side. No need to run to them. Run to our African neighbours instead. The less game time Afghanistan get, the better for us.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I see Rashid Khan said he'd review his BBL options after Aus pulled out.
I don't recall whether Aus cited the Afghan stance against women's cricket or the role of women in general?

The Aussies blitzed the Aborigines and now lead the way in Human Rights, Women's Rights and the whole LGBTQ thing.
Genocidal remorse?

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Googly wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:18 am
I see Rashid Khan said he'd review his BBL options after Aus pulled out.
I don't recall whether Aus cited the Afghan stance against women's cricket or the role of women in general?

The Aussies blitzed the Aborigines and now lead the way in Human Rights, Women's Rights and the whole LGBTQ thing.
Genocidal remorse?
We really going down this road ?
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Googly

Post by Googly »

No :lol:
Just having a dig.
We need to have New Year Resolutions
Covid is off the table though. There I will go hard