Pakistan Tour Itinterary

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
maehara
Administrator
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Pakistan Tour Itinterary

Post by maehara »

The itinerary for the Pakistan tour is available here.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Re: Pakistan Tour Itinterary

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

There is good news ahead of the Pakistan series, in that there is a very real possibility of a Pakistan vs Zimbabwe live cricket stream courtesy of the Pakistan camp. More information will be posted as it comes to light.

zimdan

Post by zimdan »

will be shown on espn asia i would have thought, so yeah a live stream a definate possiblity.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

zimdan wrote:will be shown on espn asia i would have thought, so yeah a live stream a definate possiblity.
So it won't be on Star Sports India, but rather the mainstream ESPN channel? That's great news

zimdan

Post by zimdan »

pakistan series are normally shown on espn, however official tream sites like http://www.willow.tv tend to show series like these anyway. So if we cannot find a free one we can pay for one, so either way we should be able to watch it 100%

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Looks like a Twenty20 game is also going to be played on the tour.

http://www.nation.com.pk/daily/dec-2007/26/sports.php
Asif to miss Zimbabwe one-day series

OUR STAFF REPORTER
LAHORE - Fast bowler Mohammad Asif will miss the entire one-day series against the visiting Zimbabwe team. Zimbabwe will arrive in Pakistan for a five match one-day international series, one side match and a Twenty20 game, but Asif will not be part of the Pakistan team against the visitors. Though he will be starting training today but the condition of his operated elbow is not good enough as yet to take a match burden. He might also miss the series of some part against Australia due for a March-April tour. However, Asif will begin his fitness restoration programme under the guidance of David Dyer, trainer of the national cricket team, who also is yet to reach back from holidays. Asif has recently gone through a successful operation of his right
No mention of the First Class games. Maybe by "side match" they mean a 4-day game and the other one has been scrapped in favour of a Twenty20? :?

Train Driver
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by Train Driver »

Does anyone know when the tour squad is likely to be announced, and any guesses who will be in it.

My squad, based on a 12 to 4 quota is

Utseya, Brent, Chibhabha, Chigumbura, Dabengwa, Mawoyo, Mupariwa, Maruma, Masakadza, Matsikenyeri, Mpofu, Price, Sibanda, Taibu, Taylor and Williams.

I would rather see Duffin or Cremer instead of Dabengwa but I don't think there is much chance of a 5th white in the squad.

maehara
Administrator

Post by maehara »

Train Driver wrote:Does anyone know when the tour squad is likely to be announced, and any guesses who will be in it.
No announcement yet - but the side is due to leave for Pakistan on the 11th, so there should be word soon.

maehara
Administrator

Post by maehara »

Revised itinerary.
The 3-day game has been dropped.

zimdan

Post by zimdan »

Zimbabwe Squad for Pakistan - looks quite good to me. It will be shown live also on http://livecricket.bollym4u.com/

Zimbabwe squad

Prosper Utseya (captain), Gary Brent, Chamunorwa Chibhabha, Elton Chigumbura, Keith Dabengwa, Timycen Maruma, Hamilton Masakadza, Stuart Matsikenyeri, Christopher Mpofu, Tawanda Mupariwa, Raymond Price, Vusimuzi Sibanda, Tatenda Taibu, Brendan Taylor and Sean Williams.