Raza in IPL

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
pillowprocter

Re: Raza in IPL

Post by pillowprocter »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 12:00 am
secretzimbo wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 9:18 pm
Kriterion_BD wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 8:34 pm

He's English, that alone makes him a steal at 2 million. Almost every single player in England is over-rated with a handful of exceptions.
And yet somehow they have won the most recent 50 over and 20 over world cups :lol: Not to mention looking pretty unbeatable in Tests since their new setup came in.

Ya they are all shit mate
The Windies and SL have won T20 world cups. I don’t rate that.

The ODI World Cup was legit…but NZ probably should have won that game. And England at one stage we’re looking like not even making the semifinals of that tournament.

They have good batters, that I agree with. Their bowlers are merely OK tho.
Windies and SL were great teams when they won it. But that was years ago, England won it last year.

And obviously the ODI WC final debate has been exhausted over the years, but England were without a doubt the best team in ODI cricket 2016-19. They've fallen off a bit now but are still up there.

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

Raza's back. Hopefully in next to get some quick runs at the death

tgk

Post by tgk »

Why do they bat him at number 8 for fucks sake :oops:

tej_27

Post by tej_27 »

Gross missue of Sikandar Raza by this management throughout the IPL is unbearable to see . They are using him as a 10 ball pinch hitter when he is clearly a proper 2 down batsman who can build innings

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Then his first over was beautiful but he didn't bowl any more?!?!

Bizarre treatment

Googly

Post by Googly »

What do you think the odds are of him getting another gig next IPL?

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Googly wrote:
Sun May 14, 2023 5:45 am
What do you think the odds are of him getting another gig next IPL?
I think he needs a big performance. Just 1 more. What I am seeing is that they genuinely don't believe his strike rate is good enough.

I think his chances will come from a team who want a utility player on the bench without having to break the bank. This will allow them to then go all out for a bigger name just like these guys did with Curran. So somebody could use the same strategy next time.

I also think the best thing he can do for himself now is to bat much higher for Zim. Even open. I actually think he really could be a decent number 3 in this format. Get some power play overs in to settle then go for it. This is because his biggest weakness is that he needs about 10 balls settle which is just too many for someone batting at number 5 or below. It works for zim because we will be 40/3 after 7 overs.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Zim qualifying for the ODI World Cup and Raza putting up some strong performances in India will also give him a chance

Googly

Post by Googly »

Good points!
Ya these qualifiers are so important. We're undercooked as usual, hardly any games and we're a month away. They should definitely have put a couple of our batters in that A side, Burl for one.

They'll never put Raza up the order here. If he doesn't come off at 3 then we wont post 120 in a T20. If it ain't broke don't try and fix it.
Despite him having had an amazing year and saving us on multiple occasions he's not a front line batter.

tej_27

Post by tej_27 »

Raza dropped again .it's absolutely ridiculous the way he is treated this season