Raza in IPL

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sam_ahm

Re: Raza in IPL

Post by sam_ahm »

TapsC2 wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 1:57 pm
It's cut throat. Rabada not even among the impact subs
It's not actually. Southee, Ferguson, Santner, Phillips, Bracewell, are all warming the bench while a B team plays internationals against Pakistan. De Kock hasn't got a game. Wade, Adil Rashid, Brevis, Stubbs, and many more are on bench while some unknown local players keep playing. What's the point in claiming to be the best league in the world when the Quality is only going down?

IPL is a hyped up product. I don't like it at all.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

This has been the most unenjotable addition since its inception. I honestly can't believe De Kock hasn't been unleashed at the top of the order. Mayers is a good player but he's nowhere near QDK.

Andre Russell made a complete tit of himself today and for me he needs to he benched.

I can't stand the IPL. The owners have the audacity to try and get year round contracts for these guys so they have totality over when and where they play. It worries me. Growing up in the early 2000's and watching the VB series in Oz, or Graeme Smith's South africa test side bossing it was when cricket was at its best. The IPL I dont even consider to be true cricket. The boundaries are tiny and hitting 6's is actually bow boring to watch because it looks so easy.

Scary time for cricket

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

Yeah it sucks. I just treat the IPL as cricket's off season

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

I don't watch IPL, but you're telling me that a team paid for QDK and is making him sit on the bench?? WTAF!!

The IPL is a joke, but unfortunately it has money, and as long as they keep that, they will keep making demands and getting away with it.

tej_27

Post by tej_27 »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 11:30 pm
I don't watch IPL, but you're telling me that a team paid for QDK and is making him sit on the bench?? WTAF!!

The IPL is a joke, but unfortunately it has money, and as long as they keep that, they will keep making demands and getting away with it.
Quinton decock came two games later as he was busy playing Netherlands series by the time he came his replacement Kyle mayers had made 38 ball 73 and 22 ball 53. So they decided to go on current form and keep him rather than going on reputation which is fair i guess

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

sloandog wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 7:48 pm
This has been the most unenjotable addition since its inception. I honestly can't believe De Kock hasn't been unleashed at the top of the order. Mayers is a good player but he's nowhere near QDK.

Andre Russell made a complete tit of himself today and for me he needs to he benched.

I can't stand the IPL. The owners have the audacity to try and get year round contracts for these guys so they have totality over when and where they play. It worries me. Growing up in the early 2000's and watching the VB series in Oz, or Graeme Smith's South africa test side bossing it was when cricket was at its best. The IPL I dont even consider to be true cricket. The boundaries are tiny and hitting 6's is actually bow boring to watch because it looks so easy.

Scary time for cricket
Imagine what it means for kids who grew up in the 90s. It's even more boring. VB series was my favorite too... During the late 90s and 00s it was the most enjoyable series for me. Really miss those days.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

With Tony Greig, Bill Lawry, Ritchie, Ian Chappel and Ian Healy on comms. Absolute golden days of my childhood. We can only dream now hey mate

Terryalderman

Post by Terryalderman »

sloandog wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 9:11 am
With Tony Greig, Bill Lawry, Ritchie, Ian Chappel and Ian Healy on comms. Absolute golden days of my childhood. We can only dream now hey mate
Have you ever listened to ‘The 12th Man’ take off the commentary team. Comedy at its best, although some references maybe too Australian for those abroad. It’s on Apple Music.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Terryalderman wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 9:35 am

Have you ever listened to ‘The 12th Man’ take off the commentary team. Comedy at its best, although some references maybe too Australian for those abroad. It’s on Apple Music.
RICHIE: Amir Sohail.
BILL: Hail Ritchie, hail the great man, haiiilll!

BILL: Canary yellow? That's Australian gold my friend and don't you f*ckin’ forget it! Canary yellow indeed...

It's genius. It's also on Spotify.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Ah yes, my childhood summers full of memories of the Australian cricket summer 😍😍😍

That’s how I fell in love with Zimbabwe in fact, the 2000/01 Carlton series (before VB got the sponsorship) watching Campbell score a ton at Hobart, Carlisle’s hundred at Perth (where I fell in love with Carlisle) Doug Marillier bring out the scoop shot and of course the famous game at the SCG known as the ‘4-8-4-8 match’ where Streak defended 120 odd 😍😍😍

Great memories indeed
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement