Raza in IPL

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sam_ahm

Re: Raza in IPL

Post by sam_ahm »

Punjab are wasting their time on Jonny Jonny... Sikki is a much better alternative.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Yeah it’s unfair treatment but I guess this where some people might question the world class tag. This is the final barrier Raza has to break. To not just make the IPL but to be a regular. From the owners’ perspective he makes a lot of sense. A strong option on the bench. I’m sure he wants more and he will get his chance.

I think the big thing for him to get the trust of the coaching staff is that ideally Raza needs a few deliveries to get settled. That’s his ideal scenario but coming down the order in pressure situations might not be ideal for him. He can do it but at that level they might have some doubts

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

TapsC2 wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:06 am
Yeah it’s unfair treatment but I guess this where some people might question the world class tag. This is the final barrier Raza has to break. To not just make the IPL but to be a regular. From the owners’ perspective he makes a lot of sense. A strong option on the bench. I’m sure he wants more and he will get his chance.

I think the big thing for him to get the trust of the coaching staff is that ideally Raza needs a few deliveries to get settled. That’s his ideal scenario but coming down the order in pressure situations might not be ideal for him. He can do it but at that level they might have some doubts
Yes. As good as he is, he can’t be considered world class if he can’t make an IPL team.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

He’s the wrong nationality unfortunately.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Yeah SZ has a point. There is nothing that suggests that say a Romerio Shepherd is better than Sikandar Raza or say Tristian Stubbs is better than Raza... Sikki is easily better than these players but being a zimbabwean it doesn't help. If you ask me there are players like Bas De Leede, Mark Adair, Van Beek, Ngarava who can make an IPL team but that doesn't suit the IPL franchises policy of keeping the Aussies, English and South Africans happy!

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

sam_ahm wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:49 pm
Yeah SZ has a point. There is nothing that suggests that say a Romerio Shepherd is better than Sikandar Raza or say Tristian Stubbs is better than Raza... Sikki is easily better than these players but being a zimbabwean it doesn't help. If you ask me there are players like Bas De Leede, Mark Adair, Van Beek, Ngarava who can make an IPL team but that doesn't suit the IPL franchises policy of keeping the Aussies, English and South Africans happy!
‘Easily’ better is a big call.
These guys don’t often have the luxury of feasting on associate attacks, from the number 5 batting spot.

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

ilovearsenal04
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by ilovearsenal04 »

sam_ahm wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:49 pm
I actually thought he was talking more about, Raza Bhai also being half Pakistani, i hope that's not the case and he really is liked by all but its sad to see him sit out the whole time.
The higher you go the cooler it becomes.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Yes, half a pak will go against Sikanders favour.
Being a zimbo also does too as theres scepticism they can handle premium attacks.

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Marshmallow

Post by Marshmallow »

Livingston injured so Raza playing today.

tgk

Post by tgk »

Getting his first game of this season