Raza in IPL

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: Raza in IPL

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Fears of constant non-selection aside from the fickle IPL owners and managements, Raza seems to have done no harm to his reputation in the IPL. It has only grown a lot more. He would have gained a lot more respect around the world too. Selection or non-selection in the immediate next match is inconsequential.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Sounds like Raza picked up a niggle in the game hence why he was batting down at 8.

He probably would not have batted if they didn't have a chance of winning.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

I think what Raza will benefit the most out of this experience is that his price will be higher in the other T20 leagues he plays. He will be a top pick now for leagues like the BPL and will maybe get an opportunity in bigger leagues like the big bash. He is directly competing for a place with Short who was the player of the tournament in the big bash this year.

Hopefully that makes him stick around for a few more years.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

I was quite pissed off when they sent Jitesh and Shah Rukh before Sikki... But Jitesh is doing a good job. Somehow to me Sikki didn't look so confident yesterday but still got the job done. :lol: happy for Punjab Kings.

tej_27

Post by tej_27 »

Sikandar Raza out of playing 11 today . Unless he is injured this is next level stupidity

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

It's cut throat. Rabada not even among the impact subs

tgk

Post by tgk »

tej_27 wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 1:40 pm
Sikandar Raza out of playing 11 today . Unless he is injured this is next level stupidity
He'll probably be the impact sub.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

As posted further up this page, Raza picked up a niggle in the last game

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Whatever the case was I think Raza has the edge over Short for now. His biggest advantage being he can play spin better than him. That exposure of playing in multiple leagues is proving to be a good thing.

pillowprocter

Post by pillowprocter »

There was this really interesting post on Cricinfo: Short feasts on pace. That's why they're playing him against teams with better pace attacks, while against teams with better spin attacks they play Raza since his offspin is also more useful.