Zimbabwe Cricket Photo Quiz

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: Zimbabwe Cricket Photo Quiz

Post by foreignfield »

secretzimbo wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:39 pm
I know that face. It's definitely one of the current u19 kids but can't recall who exactly. I'm going to take a punt on Rogan Wolhuter but I'm probably wrong.
Yes, Rogan Wolhuter it is.

Off the mark with a tentative push for one :)

eugene: 65
CrimsonAvenger: 63
foreignfield: 61
zimfan1: 36
Ming: 34
Jemisi, gargamel: 24
Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic): 22
brmtaylor.com admin: 19
totoro, sloandog: 16
PSR: 15
grant: 14
Train Driver: 13
andrewn9: 12
samedwards, aydee, Googly: 10
andy24: 8
alan132, reverbinstinct: 7
dylan, maehara, cock, jaybro: 6
mdm, Leg-Glance, zimlover, cricket_22001: 5
Rayzer, Detective RDS, jontym87: 4
baiju029, Tom91: 3
Conant, hhm, Flower power, Horo, PieChucker, Zimfanatic69, sixes fan, rusty17, TapsC, ZIMFAN: 2
zimdan, Boundary, betterdays, jamthala, auszim, pearl, takleg, TheCricketStoreZim, TheBradDevil, herb, AngusBeef, jimmylesaint, SpitfiresKent, rupeni, tawac, MGN, Yvmnaidu, secretzimbo: 1

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

So, I came across a nice trivia and wanted to add a new quiz question, but got this message on trying to upload the pic...
Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached.
:(

So, looks like the fun ends at 600.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

:( Does a new thread work?

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

secretzimbo wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:16 am
No, I think it is basically about file upload setting on the forum software itself, which only an Admin can change / update.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:40 am
secretzimbo wrote:
No, I think it is basically about file upload setting on the forum software itself, which only an Admin can change / update.
Well that's never going to happen :( Shame, always enjoyed checking in on this thread for many years before I joined

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

secretzimbo wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:53 am
CrimsonAvenger wrote:
secretzimbo wrote:
Well that's never going to happen :( Shame, always enjoyed checking in on this thread for many years before I joined
Could you take a shot at creating a question by uploading an image though? Just wondering if the restriction is just for me (as I have already uploaded a lot of images and might have reached the limit) or if it is general across the forums.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

It begs the question if Maehara is still alive. It sounds awful, I know. But at the end of the day he at least checked onto the forum once a month to clean shit up and send some PMs to pipe down. The fact he hasn't been present for almost a year is worrying. Does anybody know him name on social media, to send a message to? There's such a rich back log of information on this forum, but it might be a genuine idea perhaps in the next year to set up a new ZCF and keep this alive by referencing it. I hope it doesn't come down to that, however.
The issue we have at the moment is that we are drifting as a forum. It only takes one glitch that needs a simple fix and we could all be locked out from visiting and posting. I had to change my password last year and luckily it was the last month where BRM visited.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

sloandog wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:11 am
It begs the question if Maehara is still alive. It sounds awful, I know. But at the end of the day he at least checked onto the forum once a month to clean shit up and send some PMs to pipe down. The fact he hasn't been present for almost a year is worrying. Does anybody know him name on social media, to send a message to? There's such a rich back log of information on this forum, but it might be a genuine idea perhaps in the next year to set up a new ZCF and keep this alive by referencing it. I hope it doesn't come down to that, however.
The issue we have at the moment is that we are drifting as a forum. It only takes one glitch that needs a simple fix and we could all be locked out from visiting and posting. I had to change my password last year and luckily it was the last month where BRM visited.
I've considered creating a better and more modern platform before, but the real value here is the archive. Just starting from scratch elsewhere is fine, but I absolutely love searching through years old threads here. It's the only place anywhere online with such an honest and detailed archive on Zim cricket. I'm hoping someone somewhere on here may know Maehara or Brmtaylor in real life or on social media and can contact.
CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:04 am
secretzimbo wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:53 am
CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Could you take a shot at creating a question by uploading an image though? Just wondering if the restriction is just for me (as I have already uploaded a lot of images and might have reached the limit) or if it is general across the forums.
Just tried - doesn't work for me either. I guess that means no more attachments for anyone, across the forum going forward. Man this place is broken

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

secretzimbo wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:25 am
Just tried - doesn't work for me either. I guess that means no more attachments for anyone, across the forum going forward. Man this place is broken
Well then, it must be some setting change by the service provider on the platform where the forum runs then. foriegnfield's last question and image upload happened as recently as 1st Nov, 2021. So yeah, not much of a chance of this getting corrected if the admins don't login.

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:52 am
So, I came across a nice trivia and wanted to add a new quiz question, but got this message on trying to upload the pic...
Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached.
:(

So, looks like the fun ends at 600.
:o :(