Zimbabwe vs Ireland | 2nd T20I | 14th Jan 2023 | #filluphararesportsclub

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: Zimbabwe vs Ireland | 2nd T20I | 14th Jan 2023 | #filluphararesportsclub

Post by Googly »

No we should have the edge on this Irish side.
The problem is we might actually be without Ballance AND Williams!! In which case we're in shit.
With both of them playing (unlikely) I'm sure Madhevere will sit out.

Evans is going to have one of those careers where he doesn't get much slack for poor games and will be in and out like a jack in the box.

It's clear they need a plan for the hitter. Have to keep him quiet.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Googly wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:25 pm
It looked like a dislocation. I've done a couple myself and it looked very like the physio was pulling it straight :lol:
Hurts like a MF! He slid and caught his hand in the turf.
That's bad, then he might be out for a few weeks, what disaster.

Congrats on 10000 posts mate!

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Just watched the highlights. Feels like we repeat the same things after each game, even when we win.

Some of the shots were silly. Marumani was doing too much for his wicket and all his movement meant he was not in a position to hit that shot, but he still went wild. Two run outs, especially the types that we had were stupid. Why is Masakadza not running to the danger end to get the batter on strike. Also, why is Madande taking off for a 2nd run after the fielder has picked up the ball. It's all way too silly.

Bowling wise we look like when a batter gets going, we have no idea how to tackle them. We don't really know how to adjust our line and length or mix things up. I would like to say that these things will come but seeing the same mistake over and over makes me think that some of these guys will just never pick up on it.

Was disappointing considering it looked like a good crowd. We really need to start rewarding this support. We can't keep allowing Ireland and the like to think that they are better or on par with us.

Makorokoto Googly on the 10000!!

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

If the the youth brigade (Marumani, Madhevere, Madande and Shumba) keep performing like this then I think they might need to rethink on how they are just giving them caps even if they aren't playing well.

Ryan Burl is also another one. He is about to reach 100 international games and we still don't what his actual role is. 5 half centuries for somebody who is supposed to be a batting all-rounder is shockingly low. You can't even use his batting position as an excuse because we have been 30-4 so many times. He could have used one of those collapses to build a proper innings but his highest score is 59 after 94 games. That's not good.

If he is a bowler then we need to compare his stats to Mavuta and see. 5 in 94 means he is coming good once every 20 games with the bat. It makes me very concerned that even if he moves up the order he might not do so well. He has 4 centuries in 199 career games. Wes has 1 in 120 games. These guys might not be as good as we think.

Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

TapsC2 wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:12 am
If the the youth brigade (Marumani, Madhevere, Madande and Shumba) keep performing like this then I think they might need to rethink on how they are just giving them caps even if they aren't playing well.

Ryan Burl is also another one. He is about to reach 100 international games and we still don't what his actual role is. 5 half centuries for somebody who is supposed to be a batting all-rounder is shockingly low. You can't even use his batting position as an excuse because we have been 30-4 so many times. He could have used one of those collapses to build a proper innings but his highest score is 59 after 94 games. That's not good.

If he is a bowler then we need to compare his stats to Mavuta and see. 5 in 94 means he is coming good once every 20 games with the bat. It makes me very concerned that even if he moves up the order he might not do so well. He has 4 centuries in 199 career games. Wes has 1 in 120 games. These guys might not be as good as we think.
How about Burl's 2 sixes and 4 in that inning
I Burl bats exactly where he should
Look at Marumani, Wes and mayonga score
5, 2 10
Burl put 30runs behind them and won us the game...
Won us a game in Australia
Scored 34 runs in one over and is getting international contracts