Sir Sikandar Raza

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Sir Sikandar Raza

Post by secretzimbo »

Very uncalled for comment.

Century against India. Player of the Series in both the T20 and ODI series with Bangladesh.

Man of the Match in the T20WC win over Pakistan.

Player of the tournament in the qualifier.

Not sure what you have to be smoking to try and play down Raza's 2022? Ridiculous

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:02 pm
“Sikandar Raza receives his knighthood for outstanding all-round performances in the year of 2022 against associates’.

Fixed the sentence.
Except for the 3 ODI hundreds v full members and match winning bowling v Pakistan, but yes apart from that only against associates
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

He may not have been able to repeat his success on Zim pitches that well outside, and may not be able to repeat that scintillating form again, but none of that takes away from a truly special year he had with the bat scoring runs against some of the better bowlers from around the world.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Main thing is that some of those associates are pretty much at par with certain full member nations. Namibia beating SL, Netherlands knocking out South Africa at the T20 WC.. Scotland have been pretty good too.

So these days I don't think we can dismiss any performance against associates as not worthy.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

secretzimbo wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:35 pm
Very uncalled for comment.

Century against India. Player of the Series in both the T20 and ODI series with Bangladesh.

Man of the Match in the T20WC win over Pakistan.

Player of the tournament in the qualifier.

Not sure what you have to be smoking to try and play down Raza's 2022? Ridiculous
I stand by it.
Bangladesh are semi associate to me. So I have lumped them in my associate bracket.

Look at the World cup, as soon as he faced a top 8 opponent, he crumbled. The extra pace gets him.

He did amazing against Desh (not a great attack) and a second string India attack and credit for it but he's still hit and miss against quality attacks.

Let us see how he goes in the IPL. I suspect he will do better with the ball in hand.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:49 am

I stand by it.
Bangladesh are semi associate to me. So I have lumped them in my associate bracket.

Look at the World cup, as soon as he faced a top 8 opponent, he crumbled. The extra pace gets him.

He did amazing against Desh (not a great attack) and a second string India attack and credit for it but he's still hit and miss against quality attacks.

Let us see how he goes in the IPL. I suspect he will do better with the ball in hand.
In ODIs, Bangladesh are a top 8 team and the bowling attack is world class. Right now, I would say only India and Australia have a better ODI pace attack than Bangladesh.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:49 am

I stand by it.

Bangladesh just beat India in an ODI series, I guess that stinks of being semi-associate

Raza scored his century v Indian attack including Thakur, Axar, Kuldeep & Chahar

Yes Raza didn’t have the best super 12, but I’m he again scored against India. Got himself out most of the time rather than being out paced or out classed.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Doggy mate are you okay?…

Googly

Post by Googly »

The best all rounder we ever had by a wide margin was Mike Proctor. Absolutely one of the top 3 in the history of the game.
I really rate Sean Williams. He is the glue that holds our team together. We're in deep shit when he goes, unless a replacement emerges.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Raza has made birth the ICC t20 & ODI sides for 2022

Not bad for an associate bully