Zimbabwe Vs Ireland | 3rd T20I | 15th Jan 2023

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Zimbabwe Vs Ireland | 3rd T20I | 15th Jan 2023

Post by jaybro »

Googly wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:46 am
Also in that second game Madande got a buffet half tracker that he should have despatched into the 5th row and he pulled it low for 1. He didn't back himself and those 5 runs were critical. Look you can dissect anyone's innings and play the blame game, but it was at the death and he needed to clout that, it was a freebie. Anyway he will continue to get opportunities and he needs to grab them.
I like the look of Madande keeping, his running between the wickets was erratic but he's very quick. His batting looked good to me, but he doesn't look like a power hitter, so I'm not convinced he'll be a successful No.7 in limited overs cricket. I think if he improves he'll likely move up the order to 4-5 and become a middle order accumulator.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Here's DH's interview,

Plenty of interesting takeaways, but what stood out for me was him talking about how important this series was to keep the momentum going. After missing a golden chance at reaching the semis due to losing to the Bangas and Dutch, another home series to Ireland would have undone a lot of the good work they did in the second half of last year.

https://3-mob.com/sport/watch-dave-houg ... onference/
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Madande just looked far too hyped and too excited. He’s young and it’s his first series as the number 1 keeper so I suppose it’s sort of natural.

He’ll calm down I’m sure. I’ve watched a few of his good Logan Cup innings last season including his century. He was very calm and collected and looked like an old fashioned batsman.

In his keeping, running and batting in this series he has just looked way too hyper, pumping with adrenaline I think. Give him time and I’m sure he’ll chill