Zimbabwe one day squad for ireland series

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sscricket
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: Zimbabwe one day squad for ireland series

Post by sscricket »

I'd drop chatara for nyauchi who swings the ball.wide from the crease does not work.its half tight but not match defining

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

I just like what Wellington brings. He's accurate, gives very little away and could be priceless in those middle overs. I still think Mavuta is a risk. Way too many bad balls and over

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

sloandog wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:07 am
I just like what Wellington brings. He's accurate, gives very little away and could be priceless in those middle overs. I still think Mavuta is a risk. Way too many bad balls and over
Yeah I dunno, I think he bowled pretty shite in the 2nd & 3rd t20's, seemed to drop a lot of half trackers.

Mavuta definitely a risk, but I see more upside in him, plus he seems to batting pretty good this season and can hit a quick fire 20 or 30 I reckon, whilst Wellington is a compact player but has zero power to his batting, which is odd because both Hamilton & Shingi were brutes at the crease.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

What happens to Burl if Mavuta is selected? Surely they can both play? I’ve got a bad feeling though.

Chamu deserves a recall and hopefully this time he makes it count. Has to be as an opener.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Mr Twig wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:35 am
What happens to Burl if Mavuta is selected? Surely they can both play? I’ve got a bad feeling though.

Chamu deserves a recall and hopefully this time he makes it count. Has to be as an opener.
I'd suggest Burl's presence is more of a hinderance to Mavuta than the other way around. Burl is still in the team primarily as a batsman who can bowl (DH said exactly that in his interview) but the fact his bowling is probably close to if not on par with Mavuta's it makes it a simple choice if it were a choice out of both of them.

saifulsohel05

Post by saifulsohel05 »

Why sean Williams out?

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

saifulsohel05 wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:52 am
Why sean Williams out?
Broken finger

mnelson68

Post by mnelson68 »

This is my team for round 1

1. Kaia
2. Marumani
3. Ervine
4. Madhevere
5. Ballance
6. Raza
7. Burl
8. Madande
9. Evans
10. Ngarava
11. Chatara

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

I like Mavuta's selection, the result of this series is not the most important by any means and there are limited games where Zimbabwe can try out as many players before the Qualifiers. Mavuta is basically competing with Wellington for the spinners slot, wellington has been good in his own way too so it is good to see such competition for places.

Zimbabwe should push for that Afghanistan series to be played before the Qualifiers. There is no point in playing it after the qualifiers. Afghanistan are desperate for game time so they might agree too.