1st ODI | Zimbabwe Vs Ireland | 18th Jan 2023

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Donald

Re: 1st ODI | Zimbabwe Vs Ireland | 18th Jan 2023

Post by Donald »

The 155 not out chibhaba hit recently in list A game wasnt a bad attack. Contained nyauchi shingi and tiripano. 3 very good domestic players at least.

Crastle_cog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by Crastle_cog »

I would give Marumani a go rather than Chamu.
Remember he had a decent Australian ODI tour compared to our other batsmen. Additionally he's never had that consistent run of games like Wes for example. It's always games here and there, dropped and then again a few more goes.If we're about rewarding domestic form here I do think Marumani makes a better case than Chamu. However I do agree about dropping Wes. It's high time he's given a jolt so that he can rekindle the hunger we saw in his initial games.

My team for Saturday :
Marumani
Kaia
Ervine
Ballance
Raza
Burl
Madande
Evans
Mavuta
Ngarava
Nyauchi

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Googly wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:03 am
jaybro wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:59 am
I’m not desperate to see Chamu play tbh, I’d rather one of the following options

A) Stick with Wes

B) Give Marumani a go

C) Open with Madande & drop Wes down the order

D) open with one of the middle order guys

Keeping in mind when Williams returns, surely one of the middle order guys has to open, unless of course everyone shuffles down a spot and Madande opens.

Zimbabwe often takes the option of sacrificing someone out top rather than push everyone up a spot, I thought DH might be different but opening with an out of sorts Wes and hiding Ballance at No.4 shows he isn’t.
It's a bit harsh throwing a middle order guy with no experience as an opener into the deep end
It’s the Zimbabwe way though
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

Bit of a blow for PJ, Ireland snub him again.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

zimfan1 wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:41 pm
Bit of a blow for PJ, Ireland snub him again.
Madande’s heroics haven’t help him either, is PJ eligible for any other nation ? :D

Only joking, I think it will be good to have him back in the fold, as I’ve said previously the holes that will be left when the big 3 retire (which could be soon) will be gigantic. Ballance’s return certainly helps a lot but PJ’s experience could be vital to fill a gap until Gen Next are up to speed.

Donald

Post by Donald »

When williams ervine and raza retire wont ZC just throw some big Wonga at eddie Byrom and Nick Welch potentially.
Im sure williams and raza are actually enjoying playing under a good coach for a change.
Not an ounce of flab on either ervine williams or raza. They can keep going for a little while longer, They all seem fit enough and dont look jaded.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Is no one talking about the DLS target revision? Usually its perceived to be harsh from a ZIM point of view. This game seemed the opposite. Ireland only lost 4 wickets and ended up with 5.76 per over. Zimbabwe had 13 overs lopped off, but the RRR only went up 0.02 to 5.78.

Just off the top of my head I'd have figured an RRR of 6 or 6.05 would sound about right with so many overs cancelled. Ie a target of 222 rather than 214.

Obviously the DLS system is unbiased and the most fair way to go about rain-affected matches.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:34 pm
Is no one talking about the DLS target revision? Usually its perceived to be harsh from a ZIM point of view. This game seemed the opposite. Ireland only lost 4 wickets and ended up with 5.76 per over. Zimbabwe had 13 overs lopped off, but the RRR only went up 0.02 to 5.78.

Just off the top of my head I'd have figured an RRR of 6 or 6.05 would sound about right with so many overs cancelled. Ie a target of 222 rather than 214.

Obviously the DLS system is unbiased and the most fair way to go about rain-affected matches.
Burl & Raza had the required rate under control and Zimbabwe were way above Ireland on the worm. Then they had to come out and score at 12 an over for 3 overs to win the game.

So no I don’t think Zimbabwe were advantaged in any way tbh

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

jaybro wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:56 pm

Burl & Raza had the required rate under control and Zimbabwe were way above Ireland on the worm. Then they had to come out and score at 12 an over for 3 overs to win the game.

Oh didn't realize the RRR was 12. That makes sense.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:17 pm
jaybro wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:56 pm

Oh didn't realize the RRR was 12. That makes sense.
Just double checked, 39 off 22 so more like 11 something an over