Antum Naqvi

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
mnelson68

Antum Naqvi

Post by mnelson68 »

Not much talk on here regarding this guy , he's done extremely well in 2 matches so far. Surely has to come into calculations if he qualifies to play for the zims.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Antum Naqvi

Post by secretzimbo »

Theres been lotss of talk about him on the past two Logan Cup threads.

He's a Belgian-born Australian who's Dad is paying for him and his brother (Awad, at Tuskers) to play a couple of First Class games so that they can qualify for a sportspersons visa for the UK summer.

Looks a genuinely decent player but he isn't even 1% Zimbabwean and he'll be off soon.

mnelson68

Post by mnelson68 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:59 pm

He's a Belgian-born Australian who's Dad is paying for him and his brother (Awad, at Tuskers) to play a couple of First Class games so that they can qualify for a sportspersons visa for the UK summer.

Looks a genuinely decent player but he isn't even 1% Zimbabwean and he'll be off soon.
I knew he wasn't Zimbabwean , has played all over the world . Shame he won't be sticking around with his brother

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

secretzimbo wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:59 pm

So he's Australian

So much for getting him into the Test squad for the West Indies. Maybe in 3 years if he sticks around

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

The names we SHOULD be focusing on are Welch, Byrom, Dustin Milton and potentially Ben Curran. Those guys for the future as and when

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

sloandog wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:54 pm
The names we SHOULD be focusing on are Welch, Byrom, Dustin Milton and potentially Ben Curran. Those guys for the future as and when
I think if I could choose anyone player it would be Tawanda Muyeye or Dion Myers. Both younger and I reckon they’re better prospects.

I can’t say I know much about Melton though.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Anashes

Post by Anashes »

Secretzimbo seems like you lost your place to a good recruit by Rhinos.

The only deserving players in your list are the white fellows.

No facts only rumors. Keep going with your agenda as both Antum and his brother are top players who will take the white fellows reserved spots. The only players who are actually paying are the white fellows in the team whose dad's have reserved their spots unfortunately.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Remember Mohammed Eqlakh from India who turned out for Mountaineers a few years ago and scored hundreds and 50s opening for them?

viewtopic.php?p=115261

Poor guy faced deportation and confusion and serious accident and apathy at healthcare center ( https://twitter.com/Mr_Tich/status/940843253011763200) and what not. Not sure what his whereabouts are these days...

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 1:55 am
Remember Mohammed Eqlakh from India who turned out for Mountaineers a few years ago and scored hundreds and 50s opening for them?

viewtopic.php?p=115261

Poor guy faced deportation and confusion and serious accident and apathy at healthcare center ( https://twitter.com/Mr_Tich/status/940843253011763200) and what not. Not sure what his whereabouts are these days...
Oh yes I do remember!!

Logan Cup can be random at times
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Googly

Post by Googly »

jaybro wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 12:18 am
sloandog wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:54 pm
I think if I could choose anyone player it would be Tawanda Muyeye or Dion Myers. Both younger and I reckon they’re better prospects.

I can’t say I know much about Melton though.
Muyeye is certainly a quality player. Myers is not in the same dept as Byrom or Welch. Not even close.