Antum Naqvi

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Antum Naqvi

Post by secretzimbo »

I don’t quite know how many times this has to be repeated.

The likes of Matt Parkinson, Kiran Carlson, Ed Byrom and Nick Wech are certainly not paying ZC or the franchises to get game time. 100% not. The county players (ones with no Zim connections/family) usually at least get their accommodation and board paid for in full by ZC to come and play here. I assume they get a stipend too but not sure how much.

By contrast, the Naqvi’s have done the opposite and paid Tuskers/Rhinos. Karabo Motlhanka was said to have paid Tuskers $1,000 per game last season. It is a well trodden path. Naqvi will not be the last.

It is a fact that you need First Class experience to get a visa and play club cricket as an overseas pro in the U.K. that’s why these guys come and do it. Jordan Morris earlier in the season was the same. He paid for his two matches then fucked off (and wasn’t very good) and then got his U.K. club gig secured just weeks later.

Antum Naqvi is doing the same, whether you like it or not.

He was a reserve bowler (net bowler?) for Jamaica 5 years ago and in the subsequent years has clearly not been good enough to make the grade as a professional elsewhere. He hasn’t broke through in Australia so has had to come and pay some bribes here to get his U.K. visa. This is an obvious fact.

This is all separate from his actually performing well and looking a decent player. I don’t deny he has done well. But then most Aussie grade cricketers would do well here - but they presumably aren’t interested in paying loads of money for the privilege.

I fully support us having overseas players here and I wish we had more. That an average grade cricketer has come and dominated is very damming of the local quality.

But I would obviously prefer if they were experienced overseas pros who were coming here because they genuinely want to work hard on their game ahead of the new county season. Not just because they can afford it.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Anashes wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:48 pm
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:40 pm
Anashes wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:50 am

Well there is a lot on internet these days...
No one said you are shit. For sure you’re good enough to squeeze in on merit. But look at the detail of what people are saying here exactly.
And it was your stupidity playing the race card. This forum knows that tactic very well.
If you read the thread you will realize that I am not Naqvi... While the conversation was happening both these guys were actually out on the field and to be honest I don't think they have come to Zimbabwe to waste their time on this forum.

The point I have tried to make is that you have a lot of overseas players coming to play here and are taking up spots... Are those guys being paid or are they all paying...?? Let's leave the topic here as enough been said or we can keep crying. The guy has come here and created a record. We should learn to appreciate talent and try to
improve our own cricket and perform better then these overseas players
No teammate just randomly signs up to a forum to start tooting the horn, armed with a lifelong book of facts on a new teammate who just came and played two games.
You’re either;
-Antum.
-Antums bro or dad
- Or a teammate who has become infzxruates oath his new colleague after a week, and has researched his whole life story, including scouring the internet for talk about him, of which yo I signed up as his own personal warrior to defend him.

You’re saying youre the third…… that’s kinda the worse one braa lol.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

In the other thread he’s admitted he isn’t a ‘current Rhinos player’ after all and is instead now deciding to be a ‘former Zim cricket player who plays social cricket at queens sports club’.

I wonder who he’ll decide to be tomorrow :lol:

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Here’s a song I wrote about Anashes since he isn’t Antum:
———
My tea's gone cold, I'm wondering why I
Got out of bed at all
The morning rain clouds up the Harare Sports club window
And I can't see at all
And even if I could it'll all be gray
But your picture on my wall
It reminds me, that it's not so bad
It's not so bad

Dear Antum, I wrote about you on the ZCF but they stil name callin'
I left messages, my paragraphs, and said I’m not you at the bottom
I sent two letters to you Antum, you must not've got 'em
There probably was a problem at the Rhinos head office or somethin'
Sometimes I scribble addresses too sloppy when I jot 'em
But anyways, fuck it, what's been up, man? How's your bowling?
My girlfriend's pregnant too, I'm 'bout to be a father
If I have a daughter, guess what I'ma call her?
I'ma name her Antum.
I read about your brother too, I'm sorry
I had a friend kill himself over some bitch on the net who didn't want him in the team
I know you probably hear this every day, but I'm your biggest fan
I even got the underground shit that you did with Hills CC.
I got a room full of your posters and your pictures, man
I like the shit you did with Jamaica too, that shit was phat
Anyways, I hope you get this, man, hit me back
Just to chat, truly yours, your biggest fan
This is Anashes

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Anashes

Post by Anashes »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:17 pm
Anashes wrote:
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:40 pm

No one said you are shit. For sure you’re good enough to squeeze in on merit. But look at the detail of what people are saying here exactly.
And it was your stupidity playing the race card. This forum knows that tactic very well.
If you read the thread you will realize that I am not Naqvi... While the conversation was happening both these guys were actually out on the field and to be honest I don't think they have come to Zimbabwe to waste their time on this forum.

The point I have tried to make is that you have a lot of overseas players coming to play here and are taking up spots... Are those guys being paid or are they all paying...?? Let's leave the topic here as enough been said or we can keep crying. The guy has come here and created a record. We should learn to appreciate talent and try to
No teammate just randomly signs up to a forum to start tooting the horn, armed with a lifelong book of facts on a new teammate who just came and played two games.
You’re either;
-Antum.
-Antums bro or dad
- Or a teammate who has become infzxruates oath his new colleague after a week, and has researched his whole life story, including scouring the internet for talk about him, of which yo I signed up as his own personal warrior to defend him.

You can keep bashing him no issues. And no I am a local who did have the pleasure to meet 4 guys, Hameed Qadri, Antum and his brother along with Sarfraz Akram ( who plays for Eagles) at the local mosque on Friday prayers because they are Muslims. I am myself involved at Queens. Happy to provide my contacts if you message me privately to discuss further. The hatred needs to stop as it's a bit unfair you guys are spreading falls information.

As I said everything is on internet and here is another article when this guy was playing premium cricket in London... So to suggest he is here to get a UK visa is false information:

https://www.sloughobserver.co.uk/sport/ ... -wychwood/

I will leave you guys in peace and won't be replying to any further posts because there is no point.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

^ That was before the Withdrawal Agreement.

His Belgian passport allowed him to play up until 2020. Since the Brexit Withdrawal Agreement in 2020 it no longer does. As a fact, 100%, he is paying to play for Rhinos to get an international sportsperson visa for the UK club season. Feel free to continue disagreeing.

Bye
Last edited by secretzimbo on Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Anashes wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:26 pm
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:17 pm
Anashes wrote:

You’re either;
-Antum.
-Antums bro or dad

You can keep bashing him no issues. And no I am a local who did have the pleasure to meet 4 guys, Hameed Qadri, Antum and his brother along with Sarfraz Akram ( who plays for Eagles) at the local mosque on Friday prayers because they are Muslims. I am myself involved at Queens. Happy to provide my contacts if you message me privately to discuss further. The hatred needs to stop as it's a bit unfair you guys are spreading falls information.

As I said everything is on internet and here is another article when this guy was playing premium cricket in London... So to suggest he is here to get a UK visa is false information:

https://www.sloughobserver.co.uk/sport/ ... -wychwood/

I will leave you guys in peace and won't be replying to any further posts because there is no point.
You were the one who said this though 🤣🤣🤣

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

But also just because you pray with him at a mosque doesn’t mean you know what’s going on in his head.

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Anashes

Post by Anashes »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:31 pm
But also just because you pray with him at a mosque doesn’t mean you know what’s going on in his head.
Just like yourself I was also keen to find out about these guys whom I had the pleasure to have dinner on a few occasions. Would you like to know about Hamid Qadri, oh wait we only have issues with Antum so let's stick with him.

Enjoy your day and keep crying 😭

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Anashes wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:36 pm
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:31 pm
Just like yourself I was also keen to find out about these guys whom I had the pleasure to have dinner on a few occasions. Would you like to know about Hamid Qadri, oh wait we only have issues with Antum so let's stick with him.

Enjoy your day and keep crying 😭
I’m not crying, I’m chuckling.

Just admit he’s paying to play. Or, you don’t know if he is or not.

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.