Antum Naqvi

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Pat_Bee

Re: Antum Naqvi

Post by Pat_Bee »

He’s snuck under the radar of late hey. Facts are he’s trying to play the system in the third world trying to live his dream of playing international cricket for his third choice side, or maybe the only side shady enough to go along with his shenanigans. There’s definitely questions about his stats considering he couldn't get a game in Australia or Pakistan.

He’s doing it though, can’t fault his drive at all. Thousands talk a good game online but never take the plunge.

Time will tell, good luck to him. Shady old Naq Dawg yo :lol:
Last edited by Pat_Bee on Sun Dec 24, 2023 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aydee

Post by aydee »

Zim is at least his 5th choice as well... Not 3rd.

Has spent a year in the UK, and been involved as a development player with Jamaica Tallawahs at the CPL. Obviously never able to break through in either of those systems as an overseas player.

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

I cant fault him for not cracking the Sheffield Shield in Oz.
That is tough.
What concerns me is he only played levels wayyyyyyy lower than that. If he was in Sydney Grade 1sts or even 2nds Id looka at him but he was well below it

And not cracking Windie domestic also an issue since they are only 1 step above us now.

Who knows though, maybe he is a better player now. To go through this effort shows some drive. His rich fam could have BT coaching him 3 days a week.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Netherlands have selected some West Indian bowler in their squad now. Every country has so many players who are not exactly 'locals', I don't know why should we have a huge problem with Naqvi tbh.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Do you mean Daniel Doram? He is very literally Dutch and from the Netherlands.

The Netherlands have a number of colonies still in that part of the world. He’s from St Martin which is a Dutch island in the Caribbean.

aydee

Post by aydee »

He's also played for the Netherlands before.

samedwards

Post by samedwards »

sam_ahm wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2023 12:52 pm
Netherlands have selected some West Indian bowler in their squad now. Every country has so many players who are not exactly 'locals', I don't know why should we have a huge problem with Naqvi tbh.
Daniel Doram has been playing for Netherlands since he was 15. Massive difference between him and Naqvi.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Ok guys, I understand now.

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

300 for the big man, bossed it :lol: :lol:

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

What more can this guy do? I'd be very disappointed if the administration isn't doing everything in their power to secure this guy eligibility to play for Zimbabwe. And when he is eligible, he walks straight into the Zimbabwe team.