Antum Naqvi

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Antum Naqvi

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:29 am
Googly wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:25 am
If you could average out the bowling speeds of all the fc seamers from every country I'm willing to bet the Zim lads are 10 clicks slower than the country in second last place.
But I bet you the ZIM lads would be the tallest though. Blessing at 6'8", Ngarava at 6'5", Chatara has to be 6'2" at least, Evans is probably the same height. I'll bet even a relative midget like Tiripano is close to 6 feet. Through in Mpofu and Charlton Tshuma and Carl Mumba for good measure.
The Aussies are all the 6’4 mark.
I ran into Mitch Starc at my local shops once and he was very tall.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Googly wrote:
If you could average out the bowling speeds of all the fc seamers from every country I'm willing to bet the Zim lads are 10 clicks slower than the country in second last place.
We have a bilharzia issue :lol:
It's from school- more emphasis is on line and length and getting through the overs, and even that they can't get right. An all but dead cricketing culture and not the most cricket ever being played in the country's history :lol: That level of shameless lying is up there with Nick Mangwana.
100%

I remember growing up, only the Aussies, Pakistan, the Proteas and Windies had really fast bowlers, England were mainly swing or seamers and NZ had Shane Bond.

But now India, Sri Lanka and even Bangladesh seem to be able to reduce bowlers with some decent pace, even much so that when Zimbabwe hosted Sri Lanka they prepared slow decks because they were scared of Kumara & Co.

Don’t know why Zimbabwe can’t produce fast bowlers, I can’t only put it down to lack of proper coaching at grass roots level perhaps?
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

jaybro wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:27 am
Googly wrote:
We have a bilharzia issue :lol:
It's from school- more emphasis is on line and length and getting through the overs, and even that they can't get right. An all but dead cricketing culture and not the most cricket ever being played in the country's history :lol: That level of shameless lying is up there with Nick Mangwana.
100%

I remember growing up, only the Aussies, Pakistan, the Proteas and Windies had really fast bowlers, England were mainly swing or seamers and NZ had Shane Bond.

But now India, Sri Lanka and even Bangladesh seem to be able to reduce bowlers with some decent pace, even much so that when Zimbabwe hosted Sri Lanka they prepared slow decks because they were scared of Kumara & Co.

Don’t know why Zimbabwe can’t produce fast bowlers, I can’t only put it down to lack of proper coaching at grass roots level perhaps?
Even Uganda cranked out that 145 bowler that pitched up for Canada at the 2011 World Cup.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:47 am

Even Uganda cranked out that 145 bowler that pitched up for Canada at the 2011 World Cup.
Remember there was that article about that fella from Namibia who was supposed to be super quick, he had some odd name where it was more of a sound rather than a name

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Anashes

Post by Anashes »

Secretzimbo u know all boy

Anashes

Post by Anashes »

Let's keep bashing Antum Naqvi... Hopefully he can read it and stop scoring runs and stop taking wickets. He is a shit all rounder. Agree that Byron was a better option. :D :D

http://ns50.jamaica-star.com/article/sp ... -ahead-cpl

This guy must have serious money to be a replacement player for Jamaica Tallawas.

And found this link as well...

https://fb.watch/iu-aEQgJGA/

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Anashes wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:24 am
Let's keep bashing Antum Naqvi... Hopefully he can read it and stop scoring runs and stop taking wickets. He is a shit all rounder. Agree that Byron was a better option. :D :D

http://ns50.jamaica-star.com/article/sp ... -ahead-cpl

This guy must have serious money to be a replacement player for Jamaica Tallawas.

And found this link as well...

https://fb.watch/iu-aEQgJGA/
I'm not going to lie. This is some strong evidence.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

2 thing can be true at the same time. Whatever happened here doesn't mean he can't play. He proved himself and I think that's where it becomes a bit difficult to complain.

Sometimes you can also get into a system with genuine intentions then somebody insists the system must be greased for them to give you a chance. I actually wish they found a way of getting him citizenship because he can play no doubt :lol:

Anashes

Post by Anashes »

TapsC2 wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:43 am
2 thing can be true at the same time. Whatever happened here doesn't mean he can't play. He proved himself and I think that's where it becomes a bit difficult to complain.

Sometimes you can also get into a system with genuine intentions then somebody insists the system must be greased for them to give you a chance. I actually wish they found a way of getting him citizenship because he can play no doubt :lol:
Totally agree.. let's hope these guys would love to play for Zimbabwe like Sikandar Raza, Gary Balance and many others who had left for one reason or another but are coming back.

We do get a lot of county players from UK and I am sure they are getting paid otherwise they would head off to Australia as there season is also happening now... Strange thing is no one questions their motives of playing a lesser standard of cricket.

Let's not forget the same thing was being said about Sikandar Raza before he got his citizenship but now is a local hero...