3rd ODI | Zimbabwe v Ireland | 23rd Jan 2023

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
tej_27

Re: 3rd ODI | Zimbabwe v Ireland | 23rd Jan 2023

Post by tej_27 »

If my calculation is correct . Initial 30 minutes is extra time . After that 8 overs gets reduced each side after every one hour delay so by that logic if my maths is correct game should start by 3.30 Pm local time for a 20 overs game . Zimbabwe have already played 13 overs so it can start bit later also I think . Bt then again umpires can decide to call off the game before cuttoff time if there is no probability of ground being ready by then

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

In the first ODI they came back on at about 5.10pm and the game ended about 5.30pm. Can't see them wanting to play much later than that, it's going to be a gloomy day even if the rain stops, so bad light will be a factor later this evening.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Although if it rains for another 6 hours, there's no chance of the ground dying up anyway :lol:

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

zimlover wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:57 am
Looks like we are going to take the series 1-1, the rain is not going anywhere in a hurry.
The last ODI series between these sides ended up 1-1 with a washout IIRC

Unfortunately the weather seems to follow these two sides
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Googly

Post by Googly »

Cricket schedules need to be more flexible. Everyone wants to see a full game to cap an absorbing couple of weeks.
Just call it off and wait for a sunny day, go to the Falls and have a braai and wait.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

secretzimbo wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:17 am
That could be the end of the series :(

Kaia is a massive positive. He’s our best batting ‘find’ for a long time.
100% he is and I think most here on the forum including myself would have written him off & ridiculed his selection back when he was a surprise selection for the t20 series v Scotland in 2021.

Although his numbers are still quite modest (averaging 29.53 with a S/R of 65) he’s shown he can handle the quicker guys and he can also accelerate his innings if he starts slowly like he did in the last ODI.

All we need now is someone to open with him, I still think Ballance is the best option for Zimbabwe, those two would give you confidence every time that we’d get past the power play for around 40 odd for no loss.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Looks like it's stopped raining for now. Some puddles of standing water visible on the grass though.....

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

^ Kaia's selection for that Scotland t20 was still the most stupid, random selection ever in that context at the time. Always been a good player in longer formats though and he had a really good Logan Cup season the year before that. They picked Roy for our Tests that winter but Innocent should have been in contention too.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

secretzimbo wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:30 am
^ Kaia's selection for that Scotland t20 was still the most stupid, random selection ever in that context at the time. Always been a good player in longer formats though and he had a really good Logan Cup season the year before that. They picked Roy for our Tests that winter but Innocent should have been in contention too.
In hindsight it’s clear they rated him and wanted to get him into the side, a birth in the t20 side In a meaningless series v Scotland was not a bad way to do it.

The fact he looks to be a multi-format player now we have to give the selectors credit.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I don't know why you all think Ballance should open. Why risk him against the new ball? I guarantee he can change gear, which is what everyone is hung up on.
Kaia looks reasonably solid atm. We're just looking for one opener then there's Ervine, Ballance, Williams, Burl (I think he should bat ahead of Raza), Raza, Marumani.
That's the best line up we've had for a long time.
Fuck imagine throwing BT in there!

Chamu and Madhevere can fight it out for the other opening slot.
I'm looking at Chamu thru new eyes, he can play!