3rd ODI | Zimbabwe v Ireland | 23rd Jan 2023

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimlover
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Re: 3rd ODI | Zimbabwe v Ireland | 23rd Jan 2023

Post by zimlover »

How many overs have we lost so far? If plays resumes we may be at a disadvantage.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Groundsmen earning their keep today :lol: On-off-on-off-on-off with the covers.....it's like being at Old Trafford

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

They seem to be coming on again ffs

I might just go to bed, Zimbabwe usually win last ball thrillers when I’m not watching
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

zimlover
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by zimlover »

It’s pissing down again, what’s the cut off time ?

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

I’m going to bed
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

zimlover wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:27 am
It’s pissing down again, what’s the cut off time ?
For 20 overs per side? Don't know officially but probably about 3pm I reckon. Also this rain now is very very heavy, will be a very long cleanup operation so doesn't look likely for any play today tbh. I think it's over sadly

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Raza, Kirby and Wes seen walking round the ground behind the stands mixing with and chatting with fans during the rain break earlier. Nice.

tgk

Post by tgk »

This is almost definitely a washout, which sucks because we really need ODI games to figure out our best team for the qualifiers. But I think I'd definitely stick with Kaia and Chibhabha as the opening pair, we can't bank on Wes anymore. If Chamu doesn't keep it going then drop him by all means but for now, stick with him. Kaia is someone I'm very very impressed by.

We need more game time in the 50 over format, is it impossible to arrange a series against one of the associates or something, maybe rest a couple big guns like Ervine, Williams and Raza.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

tgk wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:42 am
This is almost definitely a washout, which sucks because we really need ODI games to figure out our best team for the qualifiers. But I think I'd definitely stick with Kaia and Chibhabha as the opening pair, we can't bank on Wes anymore. If Chamu doesn't keep it going then drop him by all means but for now, stick with him. Kaia is someone I'm very very impressed by.

We need more game time in the 50 over format, is it impossible to arrange a series against one of the associates or something, maybe rest a couple big guns like Ervine, Williams and Raza.
Can't rest the big guns if the point of the series is to find your best combination or get your best combination game time ahead of the biggest tournament since 2018. At best you could rest one or two guys max for a game here or there. Remember, qualification is by no means certain and in fact with at least 2 of the established 9 sides in the tournament (SL, WI, SA), Zimbabwe have to be starting as underdogs/dark horses.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Covers off again. Probably got about 30 mins or so to try and dry things up and get play started I guess