Is it going to kick off again?

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Donald

Is it going to kick off again?

Post by Donald »

The sports and recreations commitee with football in their remit are lobbying to ban all people with political affiliations from national sports. However though they have football in their sights primarily this could also have major ramifications for ZC and in particular Mukluhuni.
This if the policies were adopted.

Googly

Re: Is it going to kick off again?

Post by Googly »

Zolsky has really kicked off again about a white captain declaring with Madondo on 70, Taibu, Streak etc etc.
He's been properly triggered, I was wondering why??
It's like clockwork, whenever there's a threat, real or perceived that card comes out.
These guys want to control millions in funding, administrate cricket and football and use the money to campaign for political office and somehow do that full time as well. That's where the real money is- holding a political appointment.

Donald

Post by Donald »

Its the same guy from SRC who butted heads with Mukluhuni last time.

Relative calm in ZC at the moment but if policies were adopted for all sports in Zimbabwe i can see things becoming bad again.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Who, Mlotshwa?
He's ED's son-in-law. He will have an agenda and will only push as far as he needs to until someone capitulates and he gets what he wants then he will take his foot off the pedal. He's not interested in changing anything, just wants something for himself that's going on behind the scenes.
Clearly he's targeting ZIFA this time. ZC can apply for an exemption from his little chess game :lol:

Donald

Post by Donald »

Googly wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:18 am
Who, Mlotshwa?
He's ED's son-in-law. He will have an agenda and will only push as far as he needs to until someone capitulates and he gets what he wants then he will take his foot off the pedal. He's not interested in changing anything, just wants something for himself that's going on behind the scenes.
Clearly he's targeting ZIFA this time. ZC can apply for an exemption from his little chess game :lol:
Yes
Kick politicians out of football: ZIFA Restructuring Committee
8 hours ago

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Lol of course it will kick off at some point. Just have to hope it’s no time soon.

Leopards don’t change their spots etc

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

There’s board elections this year I think

Googly

Post by Googly »

It won't affect cricket :lol:
If you're a big wig here you're God provided you tow the party line. They are clearly after a couple of guys in Zifa, will get that done and then hopefully there will be peace.
The sabre rattling from Zolsky is to show they're fully committed party members and please leave us out of it.
Cricket is in a half decent place, we don't want to revisit any race issues, but there is NOTHING they won't do to hang on if they feel threatened. It's a bit alarming for sure.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Don't tell me this. Had to be the darkest times in ZC when they got suspended. Cricket is doing so well now in Zimbabwe after a long long time, they are set to host the World Cup as well in 2027. I dearly hope nothing ugly happens now.

I don't know the political situation in the country but surely they won't risk troubling a sport which is giving so much joy lately to the public, will they?

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Cricket is safe for now. Especially because football is dead. They are the poster boys at the moment. That rule will never work anyway. It would need a change in so many constitutions.

As for the Madondo/ Streak declaration, Olonga's book exposed a lot. A lot more than that. The racism was serious and what you will find is that in ZC there are a lot of radicals who became like that after experiencing so much in the late 90s and early 2000s. The part where Olonga said a white player said nobody liked Madondo at his own funeral was just shocking. It would be wrong to just act like nothing happened which stirred the pot. A lot happened at club, domestic and national level.

We are now in a much better place and just by coincidence the team has a natural balance. I don't see us going down any other path because from what I can see people have realized you can actually do whatever you want quietly when the results are coming in and also Houghton is a smart man. He reads situations very well.