Zimbabwe Vs West Indies | 1st Test | 4-8 Feb 2023 | Bulawayo

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Zimbabwe Vs West Indies | 1st Test | 4-8 Feb 2023 | Bulawayo

Post by secretzimbo »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:36 pm
It doesn't look like it has rained for an hour. Not sure why the covers are still on?
Why are the groundsmen dicking about in the nets?

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

The rain is actually whats going to make this match interesting. The West Indies will definitely have to attack at some point. That will create opportunities. They need to take 1 whole day out of the equation

At this rate they will bat until Monday to get past 400 with the rain involved. It's not fast enough

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Raining again. That'll be the end of the days play I think.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Absolute cloud burst in Harare. Many roads underwater and actually mini rivers.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Does ICC.TV not upload matches for later viewing? Is it live or nothing?
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

jw2

Post by jw2 »

I see Paul Reiffel is one of the umpires for this match. THAT brings back some very bad memories ... Without DRS he is licensed to kill.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

eugene wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:00 pm
Does ICC.TV not upload matches for later viewing? Is it live or nothing?
No, which is extremely annoying

Although it’s hard to complain when it’s a free service I guess
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

tgk wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:00 pm
I just don't wanna see some 500/4 dec, followed by 180 all out or something. I want a proper fight. Of course Ervine and Ballance have to be the ones who take the fight with the bat but I have this feeling that Kaia might pull off something good.
The concern is that after fielding for 150-200 overs, the ‘physical & mental deterioration has set in’ (to steal a line from Allan Border & Steve Waugh) so it’s hard for openers to come out and grind out an innings.

If the Windies do score 500-4 and declare, their bowlers would have been sitting around relaxing for 2 days, whilst the batsman would have been grounded into the ground for that period.

Really need to take some early wickets tomorrow and get into the game, I’m very hopeful that Mavuta will cause the Windies middle order problem if he can keep up his consistency. Only bowled a couple of full tosses yesterday.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Anashes

Post by Anashes »

jaybro wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:26 pm
tgk wrote:
I just don't wanna see some 500/4 dec, followed by 180 all out or something. I want a proper fight. Of course Ervine and Ballance have to be the ones who take the fight with the bat but I have this feeling that Kaia might pull off something good.
The concern is that after fielding for 150-200 overs, the ‘physical & mental deterioration has set in’ (to steal a line from Allan Border & Steve Waugh) so it’s hard for openers to come out and grind out an innings.

If the Windies do score 500-4 and declare, their bowlers would have been sitting around relaxing for 2 days, whilst the batsman would have been grounded into the ground for that period.

Really need to take some early wickets tomorrow and get into the game, I’m very hopeful that Mavuta will cause the Windies middle order problem if he can keep up his consistency. Only bowled a couple of full tosses yesterday.

Not much turn on that wicket to cause Windies any issues... Let's hope the weather remains good.

tgk

Post by tgk »

jaybro wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:26 pm
tgk wrote:

Yeah we desperately need the wickets, can't afford to let them bat for over two and a half days.