Zimbabwe Vs West Indies | 2nd Test | 12-16 Feb 2023 | Bulawayo

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
mnelson68

Re: Zimbabwe Vs West Indies | 2nd Test | 12-16 Feb 2023 | Bulawayo

Post by mnelson68 »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 3:15 am
Kriterion_BD wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 12:41 am

Even Kohli isn’t regarded as being as good Tendulkar (in Tests and overall). I can’t see anyone who averaged 25-30 being compared to a guy who averaged 50 in Tests.
You're missing the point. We're not talking about what he achieved and his stats say, we're talking about what he COULD have achieved based on his potential and talent.

Potential and talent will only take you so far , the mental side of the game is massive and knowing you game is vital.

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Hamilton's failure stemmed from not just attitude, but also the 'lets give cricket a break for 3 years and go to uni' thing people forget he did.

He was never the same when he returned. Before he left he was a protege, after he left he was a talented also ran.

Yet people still defend this behaviour despite all the evidence suggesting its a career killer and al the online courses available nowadays.

They should be discarded from our system the moment they persist with this idea. The only reason now to study abroad and drop cricket for an international cricketer now is social, to nail bitches and get hammered at the club.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Jesus some of you love to read between those lines. I'm saying Mazakadza had genuine world class potential when he was a kid and could have averaged in the 40's, as well as gone down as one of our greatest ever.

I'm saying his acceptance of not pushing himself was his downfall

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

sloandog wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 1:47 pm
ever.

I'm saying his acceptance of not pushing himself was his downfall
I personally believe it is more to do with not playing for three years.
I’ve never seen a player stop for 3 years and be the same.

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 4:09 am

But couldn’t that be said of most guys? There’s quite a difference between averaging 30 and averaging 40.
Yes, it can be said of most. Still doesn't change the facts. There is quite a difference, but again, does not change the facts.
mnelson68 wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:47 am

Potential and talent will only take you so far , the mental side of the game is massive and knowing you game is vital.
100% agree. It's a major falling of current ZC. It was a major strength of 80's/90's ZC.
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 5:07 pm

Agree with this too. Also goes to show his mentality that he felt he could just "eh, i'll skip cricket for a while. I'll be fine". Online learning is omnipresent now and Uni should not be an excuse to not conitnue with ones career.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 12:51 am
Kriterion_BD wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 4:09 am

But couldn’t that be said of most guys? There’s quite a difference between averaging 30 and averaging 40.
Yes, it can be said of most. Still doesn't change the facts. There is quite a difference, but again, does not change the facts.
mnelson68 wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:47 am

100% agree. It's a major falling of current ZC. It was a major strength of 80's/90's ZC.
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 5:07 pm

Agree with this too. Also goes to show his mentality that he felt he could just "eh, i'll skip cricket for a while. I'll be fine". Online learning is omnipresent now and Uni should not be an excuse to not conitnue with ones career.
And it has been for a while. You don’t think Aussies/Kiwis/Poms all acquire tertiary education whilst playing?
Not only them. As would Dutch players, Irish etc.
Every sport has post career pathways in place.

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

TapsC2 wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:34 am

A quick search of the top ODI run scorers for Bangladesh in 2022 shows the same names in the top 7. Shakib, Mahmudullah, Mushfiqur and Tamim always pitch up. Anamul Haque and Liton Das are 30. Can you show me the 22 year old batsman in your side who is scoring limited overs centuries like Tector? You making it sound like it's so easy.
Towhid Hridoy. 22 yo and made his debut today. Didn't quite get the hundred but 92 off 85 is close enough in my book.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:12 pm
TapsC2 wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:34 am

A quick search of the top ODI run scorers for Bangladesh in 2022 shows the same names in the top 7. Shakib, Mahmudullah, Mushfiqur and Tamim always pitch up. Anamul Haque and Liton Das are 30. Can you show me the 22 year old batsman in your side who is scoring limited overs centuries like Tector? You making it sound like it's so easy.
Towhid Hridoy. 22 yo and made his debut today. Didn't quite get the hundred but 92 off 85 is close enough in my book.
Very close. Watched the highlights. Looked decent