Zimbabwe team in India

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Zimbabwe team in India

Post by secretzimbo »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2023 8:44 pm
U19 Squad for India tour;

Panashe Taruvinga (C), Nathaniel Hlabangana, Kohl Eksteen, Villain Changa, Brandon Sunguro, Ryan Kamwemba, Dylan Nzvenga, Carlton Takawira, Newman Nyamhuri, Mashford Shungu, Shaun Dzakatira, Tadiwanashe Mushopa, Nkosibongwe Gogodo, Panashe Gwatiringa, Munashe Chimusoro, Codie Marillier, Kirby Madaramete, Thelson Madziwana, Ronak Patel
So there's quite a few missing, including captain Matt Schonken. Sean Bennett too and Campbell Macmillan who is one of the best players of this batch but may find it tricky considering his family's latest shenanigans......

Looks like we have lost Liam Mudenda too. Unbelievable talent, but I think he is trying to qualify for SA.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Simba Mudimu is a talent too, where is he? Also Connor Grant? Maybe he's over 19 now, not sure.

Viljoen, Pettican, Benadie and Martell would be the other names we are missing.

They are going on quite a long tour so maybe its a case of some choosing to prioritise exams

Bulawayo Boy
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Bulawayo Boy »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2023 8:46 pm
secretzimbo wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2023 8:44 pm
U19 Squad for India tour;

Panashe Taruvinga (C), Nathaniel Hlabangana, Kohl Eksteen, Villain Changa, Brandon Sunguro, Ryan Kamwemba, Dylan Nzvenga, Carlton Takawira, Newman Nyamhuri, Mashford Shungu, Shaun Dzakatira, Tadiwanashe Mushopa, Nkosibongwe Gogodo, Panashe Gwatiringa, Munashe Chimusoro, Codie Marillier, Kirby Madaramete, Thelson Madziwana, Ronak Patel
So there's quite a few missing, including captain Matt Schonken. Sean Bennett too and Campbell Macmillan who is one of the best players of this batch but may find it tricky considering his family's latest shenanigans......

Looks like we have lost Liam Mudenda too. Unbelievable talent, but I think he is trying to qualify for SA.
I hope that his dad, Donald, doesn't allow that to happen. That lad must play for Zim. His grandfather is Speaker of Parliament for God's sake. What sort of message is that sending?

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

My family have some interesting stories to tell about his grandfather... :lol:

Agreed though. Liam was such a talent, although I haven't seen him play for at least two years or so. Really hope he reappears for the u19 world cup.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Man that would be disappointing if they lost Liam to South Africa. After also losing Muyeye, and Myers not really committing fully, I guess that dispels the the theory a few had on the forum (a long time ago) that ZC should invest in black players because they won’t leave for greener pastures.

From what we’ve seen, it doesn’t matter what their skin colour is, the really good players who think they can do better than Zimbabwe will try their luck.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Was Mudenda not on the last tour to India? I'm not surprised if he is going the SA route. I have been saying for a while that we will get to a point where CSA starts poaching promising black batsmen from us.

There could be other reasons too like the SA school calender not being the same as Zim. They are going back to school this coming week I think. Some parents might be cool with that and others might not

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Could be a number of reasons why he isn’t on the tour, I’m only going off SZ saying he thinks he’s trying to qualify for SA.

Does that thought come from something you heard, or just connecting dots etc?
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Ronak Patel 101 off 70 balls in the Harare 1st League today. This kid is seriously bloody good

ZIMFAN

Post by ZIMFAN »

I am a bit lost. What did the Macmillan family do?

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 8:09 pm
Ronak Patel 101 off 70 balls in the Harare 1st League today. This kid is seriously bloody good
We haven't seen that for a while from a U19 guy domestically, right? Time to begin a #RonakPatelMania may be?