Tafadzwe Mufambisi

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Tafadzwe Mufambisi

Post by sloandog »

Was on YouTube the other night and the 2006 champions trophy match against the West Indies came up on my suggested watches, so I gave it a glance.

Was funny seeing a baby faced Taylor with long blonde hair and a skinny Mazakadza, as well as a baby faced Utseya playing. Not to mention big Piet Rinke.

Then I saw Mufambisi open with Chibahba and completely forgot he'd played a few games for us.

He looked really REALLY good. Solid and appeared to have lots of time for a 20 year old. I thought I'd ask the boys on the ground what happened to him and if he was any good? He averaged 30 in FC cricket and made his debut in the old system back in 2003 so he must have had some ability

secretzimbo

Re: Tafadzwe Mufambisi

Post by secretzimbo »

Fell off big time like many of that era. Last seen stealing phones and cash from cricket change rooms. I'm not joking.

That would be nearly a decade back. Hopefully his life is in a better state now.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Ah, the glory days of the forum, when all we had to discuss was Innocent "It wasn't me" Chinyoka stealing cars and Tafadzwe "Fingers" Mufambisi shoplifting phones.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

That also means sloan goes through that particular match once a decade and gets enamored by Mufambisi all over again :D

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:14 am
That also means sloan goes through that particular match once a decade and gets enamored by Mufambisi all over again :D
:D :D

jontym87
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by jontym87 »

Mufambisi was a serious talent. He had his issues lacked discipline and guidance. Gave him a chance for a comeback did fairly well but went awol again.

He was by far the the most technically gifted black batsmen zimbabwe ever produced. Silverwood was even amazed by his talent.
Professional troll feeder since 2011 :P

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Yea he looked really really good for a 20 year old

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

jontym87 wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:49 pm
Mufambisi was a serious talent. He had his issues lacked discipline and guidance. Gave him a chance for a comeback did fairly well but went awol again.

He was by far the the most technically gifted black batsmen zimbabwe ever produced. Silverwood was even amazed by his talent.
Ahh that’s disappointing indeed
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement