Zimbabwe A vs Pakistan A

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
ilovearsenal04
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: Zimbabwe A vs Pakistan A

Post by ilovearsenal04 »

pillowprocter wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 1:37 pm
ilovearsenal04 wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 12:01 pm
Why would do that twice? The bowler surely in his head. The bowler also ran to the crowd and that going to be an intresting match up, the bowler against the crowd! I hope they can give him the stick back!
Sorry, but what happened?
Kaia played and top edged a pull short and it luckily went for 6. Very next ball he does the same thing and is caught on the boundary. The bowler then runs to the crowd and celebrates right in front of the castle corner. The lads in the corner where also not having it but all fun and games in the end.
The higher you go the cooler it becomes.

Googly

Post by Googly »

If Ngarava bats ahead of Evans it's a double glove slap.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Bennet had a great world cup, i think finished in the top 5. Welch missed a couple of games with Covid, had two unlucky dismissals and had a blinder against Afghanistan, who may have had the best bowling attack in the tournament. He's extremely talented, perhaps the most ability of them all, but in true Zim fashion he just suddenly goes out :lol:

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

I expected a big slip up and I'm glad that it has come now.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Googly wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 1:57 pm
Bennet had a great world cup, i think finished in the top 5. Welch missed a couple of games with Covid, had two unlucky dismissals and had a blinder against Afghanistan, who may have had the best bowling attack in the tournament. He's extremely talented, perhaps the most ability of them all, but in true Zim fashion he just suddenly goes out :lol:
Yeah but you have to factor the quality of opposition. Getting runs or wickets against Uganda, Qatar or Malaysia has to be taken into consideration when you are then expected to perform against India or Australia.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Googly

Post by Googly »

No doubt. I'm just saying these two lads are sharp. You'll never know until you play the big sides. That's where it all goes pear shaped, we don't get to play these teams.
They need opportunity in franchise, they'll both do well.

Evans caught again. I didn't see the dismissal but I'd hazard a guess 90% of his outs are caught.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

After the qualifiers definitely the time to blood in the likes of Bennet, Welch, and Myers. Unless none of the Big 3 retire.

Post-Big 3, those guys defintely need a long run, and to be fair there isn't really an alternative to Madhevere, who at least has some fundemental talent. Forgot about Gumbie...he's really been on fire. Same with Madande - that level of consistency is completely unknown for Zimbabwe.

Myers, Madande, Madhevere, Bennet, Welch...thats a solid 5 to try and form a new batting core. Isn't there another Bennet as well? What about Ryan Murray?

I've left out Marumani and Shumba because I think both Ngarava and Blessing have outscored them in the last year. They've got to go back and fetch some big runs in the domestic scene to warrant places in the side.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

For get Ryan Murray, seriously

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

Don't count out Milton Shumba. Seriously. He's a good batter and he's still very young.

Madhevere
Myers
Marumani
Madande
Shumba
Bennett
Welch Jnr
Campbell
Burl (he's got years in him)
Gumbie (the jury's still out)
Mavuta

The future right there

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

One can only hope that this is our shit performance for the year out the way.

I think it highlights deficiencies. If a team can score 300 plus, the reply should not be so derisory. Let's just hope it's a case of getting it out of our system and not the issues I've brought up previously.