Zimbabwe A vs Pakistan A

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Marshmallow

Zimbabwe A vs Pakistan A

Post by Marshmallow »

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Zimbabwe A vs Pakistan A

Post by secretzimbo »

Ya. I see Roy Kaia and Chivanga too. And is that Williams? I can’t see him playing an A game!!!

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

I actually have a feeling that Myers has a chance of making the squad as a reserve batsman. With Regis likely to play then Marumani isn't an automatic pick. He is better than Munyonga and Shumba in my opinion even if he hasn't been around. If he outscores them he has a chance. Don't think they will take a chance on Bennet just yet

Donald

Post by Donald »

Myers scored a solid 80 odd in Logan cup recently. he still has it but may be a little undercooked

mnelson68

Post by mnelson68 »

TapsC2 wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:23 pm
I actually have a feeling that Myers has a chance of making the squad as a reserve batsman. With Regis likely to play then Marumani isn't an automatic pick. He is better than Munyonga and Shumba in my opinion even if he hasn't been around. If he outscores them he has a chance. Don't think they will take a chance on Bennet just yet
Why hold Bennett back, these other guys have had enough chances and shouldn't be in front of him. Campbell as well get him.in the squad

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

TapsC2 wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:23 pm
All six of the players mentioned in this post should be in the A squad ideally.

I think for the red ball matches the squads will be quite weak again, before we field a near-full strength team for the one day matches.

Donald

Post by Donald »

Bennet has done well against Holland and and scored a logan cup hundred.
Get him in the A side, This is a natural transition

Googly

Post by Googly »

Dion Myers doesn't play cricket for 6 months at a time and then gets red carpet treatment ahead of a few others, including Bennett and perhaps even Welch Jr who played a version of Zim A against Namibia and certainly didn't disgrace himself.
They either want to develop players who are hanging around waiting for better days or they're desperately hoping that Dion doesnt go farming :lol: . At least get these two into the nets and help with their development. We've seen everyone else and it's mixed, these two lads have shown glimpses of real ability. Is it a case of we dont want to get embarassed at u19 level, but then you've served your purpose or does someone in ZC understand anything about developing young white batters, other than fuck off overseas and come back when you're world class? You won't know what their ultimate ceiling is until you give them opportunities. Maybe they're afraid it might be higher? :lol: You can't make someone's candle burn brighter by snuffing out someone else's.
I think Myers, Bennett and Welch Jr, given the opportunities, could do better than most of the other guys we've seen.
Dion is too smart to fall into the trap a few of the other Golden Boys did. He's got a good head and looks beyond being a Chosen One.

jontym87
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by jontym87 »

Googly wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 1:03 pm
Dion Myers doesn't play cricket for 6 months at a time and then gets red carpet treatment ahead of a few others, including Bennett and perhaps even Welch Jr who played a version of Zim A against Namibia and certainly didn't disgrace himself.
They either want to develop players who are hanging around waiting for better days or they're desperately hoping that Dion doesnt go farming :lol: . At least get these two into the nets and help with their development. We've seen everyone else and it's mixed, these two lads have shown glimpses of real ability. Is it a case of we dont want to get embarassed at u19 level, but then you've served your purpose or does someone in ZC understand anything about developing young white batters, other than fuck off overseas and come back when you're world class? You won't know what their ultimate ceiling is until you give them opportunities. Maybe they're afraid it might be higher? :lol: You can't make someone's candle burn brighter by snuffing out someone else's.
I think Myers, Bennett and Welch Jr, given the opportunities, could do better than most of the other guys we've seen.
Dion is too smart to fall into the trap a few of the other Golden Boys did. He's got a good head and looks beyond being a Chosen One.
Some don’t even play for 12 months gets red carpet. Give home the chance 🎣
Professional troll feeder since 2011 :P

tej_27

Post by tej_27 »

Zimbabwe cricket app shows only one player in zim A squad right now and that is regis chakabva as captain