Heath Streak

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sam_ahm

Re: Heath Streak

Post by sam_ahm »

Streak's family has apparently mentioned that he is in good spirits and is undergoing treatment in South Africa determined to fight this disease.

Felt a little better reading their statement. Hope streak fights this off.

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

Sorry to hear this. Pray he fights through it.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Really sad to hear this :(. Praying for improvement in his health and a recovery against all odds. He has always been a fighter and hoping that he comes through this.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sat May 13, 2023 7:31 pm
Googly wrote:
Sat May 13, 2023 8:35 am
Colon cancer, I believe.
I don't think it was that long ago that he was diagnosed and sounds like it's very aggressive.
Never understood how they don't have multiple cures for cancer these days. It gets 90% of us at some point.
You can’t *cure* cancer because cancer isn’t a single disease. All cancers stem from mutations in particular genes, some of which are inherited (eg familial adenomatous colon cancer) and others are picked up from combined inherited and environmental factors (cervical cancer from HPV virus).

Conceivably, you could cure cancer by genetically modifying faulty genes and/or using nano-robotics to just go in and manually re-mutate them. That of course, is still too futuristic for us at the moment.
That's why I said multiple cures. Without a degree you merely have They nurse status.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Very sad

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Seems like lot's of contradicting news going around,

I have seen that he has stage 4 colon & liver cancer, that would be devastating if true.

Hopes and prayers with the Streak family at this time.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

How did it get to Stage 4 without Heath ever realizing it?

Hope he pulls through, but this does not look good. Prayers with Streak and family.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Googly wrote:
Sun May 14, 2023 5:42 am
That's why I said multiple cures. Without a degree you merely have They nurse status.
Nurses have degrees too, so not sure what you mean. Degrees don’t say anything about status, it signifies the completion of academic requirements in whatever field ie a tangible thing. Status, is just a perception. It’s not like full member status and associate status in cricket.

Some cancers do have “cures”, but it depends on how you define cure. If you have a localized tumor you can resect it and live a totally normal life. But the tumor can also reappear somewhere else, or you can get a completely different type of cancer. It’s all about which particular gene has been mutated and how that mutation occurred.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

sam_ahm wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 12:01 pm
How did it get to Stage 4 without Heath ever realizing it?

Happens often, people ignore the warning signs which sometimes don't appear that severe.

A girl from the area I grew up in just died recently from Cancer, she had no idea she had it until she experienced severe back pain, found out she had stage 4 cancer and died not long after in her early 30s.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Bulawayo Boy
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Bulawayo Boy »

Zimbabwe is a cursed land.