Zimbabwe vs netherlands

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Donald

Zimbabwe vs netherlands

Post by Donald »

14 hrs until 2nd match, Time thus to start an official match thread.

Only change i can see is Chatara possibly being dropped.

secretzimbo

Re: Zimbabwe vs netherlands

Post by secretzimbo »

I hate to be that guy but please can you edit your thread title to the usual match day format? It makes using the forum search feature so much easier in future

CalZim
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by CalZim »

secretzimbo wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 5:52 pm
I hate to be that guy but please can you edit your thread title to the usual match day format? It makes using the forum search feature so much easier in future
I agree, it would be great if we could have mods on here that could set up forum groups for events like this, or match threads, so that everything is stored together, all the topics are currently really jumbled and it's hard to find things amongst some of the rubbish threads that are added (some of mine :lol: )

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

secretzimbo wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 5:52 pm
I was about to post exactly the same. 😁

Donald can you please edit the title to follow the format???

CalZim
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by CalZim »

Think the only change to the 11 for me would be Larry out for Evans.

Pitch is going be a bit flat so Jongwe might be a good shout but still think Evans can be a wicket taker. Just need hide him in the field.

Wes is still on thin ice for me, feel like I say it all the time. He didn't look comfortable in the first game but still managed a 30 odd. He has buckets of potential but is not firing at the minute. Kaia would be the other man to come in but Ervine seems to like opening now so Gumbie is probably the one to go out for a bat, but he deserves another go.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Very much a danger game for Zimbabwe here, as the Dutch showed a couple of months ago they’re a serious unit and will fight to the end!

I hope the boys don’t get complacent with the Dutch missing so many big names, looking at their top 5 they’ve still got enough fire power & class to put together a big score.

Depending on the pitch, I’d be looking to swap out Chatara for either Evans or Jongwe, probably the latter as his versatility with the ball will add more value. I’d be really tempted to bring back Kaia for this game as well, I still feel he’s more likely to score a 50+ against the Windies rather than Gumbie.

And yes Donald please put more effort into the thread headings, I know it’s only a headings but it’s really annoying for my OCD.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

I would be surprised if they drop Chatara, especially if it's just because of one bad game.

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

The Match Thread needs to be fixed.

The only change I would want to see is Chatara being rested for Jongwe or Evans. I would lean more towards Jongwe because he seems to do more with the bat than Evans.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

CholeZimbo
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by CholeZimbo »

:lol: Don please sort out the thread name. Else by toss time, SZ please start an official one :lol:

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

CalZim wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 5:56 pm
I agree, it would be great if we could have mods on here that could set up etc etc
Dont bother,
I have thrown out many such requests to @BRMT, but he just ignores it every time and doesnt address it.
Last edited by ZIMDOGGY on Tue Jun 20, 2023 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*