Zimbabwe v Sri Lanka | ICC CWC Qualifier | 2nd July 2023

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sam_ahm

Zimbabwe v Sri Lanka | ICC CWC Qualifier | 2nd July 2023

Post by sam_ahm »

Right folks, this is not necessarily a must win game for Zimbabwe but 2 points here and I'd say we are almost there. It will take a string of results to go against Zimbabwe to miss out even after winning against SL.

I'd like to see Kaia in for Jongwe and Chatara to be replaced with Evans. The other option, which is actually not correct but management may yet consider is to drop Wellington for a batter like Kaia because Welly is being criminally underutilised anyways.

Googly

Re: Zimbabwe v Sri Lanka | ICC CWC Qualifier | 2nd July 2023

Post by Googly »

It's a must win in that it will save the blood pressure for a nail biter against Scotland.

We'll be catching WI at their lowest ebb. Hard to pick yourself up from that loss today.

Googly

Post by Googly »

They had no plan against McMullet today.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

I'm a big fan of law of averages. One thing that might work in Zimbabwe's favor against Scotland is that Scotland have had a near perfect game today. To repeat such a clinical performance back to back won't be easy. Generally lower ranked teams after such a perfect performance come up with something ordinary.

tej_27

Post by tej_27 »

I have a feeling . Law of average is going to finally catch us tomorrow and we might be at a recieving end of absolute thrashing . I am mentally preparing myself for such an outcome. Also we might miss madande tomorrow who is good player of spin

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

sam_ahm wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2023 3:07 pm
I'm a big fan of law of averages. One thing that might work in Zimbabwe's favor against Scotland is that Scotland have had a near perfect game today. To repeat such a clinical performance back to back won't be easy. Generally lower ranked teams after such a perfect performance come up with something ordinary.
This was soo typical of Zimbabwe we could never quite maintain any kind of form. Even the 50/50 games never went our way. Its been a good run though scrappy at times but we really need to be on our A game for this one. Chatara really needs to sit out for this one he has been the weakest link in our bowling.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

Crastle_cog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by Crastle_cog »

Kumara is out of the tournament.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Crastle_cog wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2023 5:51 pm
Could be a blessing in disguise for SL. He’s a bang average bowler…rapid but woeful. Kind of like a Mohammad Sami.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

tej_27 wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2023 4:15 pm
I have a feeling . Law of average is going to finally catch us tomorrow and we might be at a recieving end of absolute thrashing . I am mentally preparing myself for such an outcome. Also we might miss madande tomorrow who is good player of spin
Zimbabwe are winning both the games mate!

Go Boys!!!

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2023 6:18 pm
Crastle_cog wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2023 5:51 pm
Could be a blessing in disguise for SL. He’s a bang average bowler…rapid but woeful. Kind of like a Mohammad Sami.
Does this mean they’ll play that ‘New Malinga’ guy? I would have concerns about him as Zimbabwe wouldn’t be used to facing a bowler like that.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement