Dustin Melton

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: Dustin Melton

Post by eugene »

Why isn't Melton in the team yet?
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Googly

Post by Googly »

eugene

Post by eugene »

Am I the only one surprised that Melton isn't part of this T10 circus?
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

eugene

Post by eugene »

An interesting interview with Dustin Melton, I had no idea he was adopted at age three which is why he left Zimbabwe so young.

https://www.thecricketer.com/Topics/pre ... _soul.html

Googly

Post by Googly »

He's a quick bowler and would surely be a good addition to the franchise league this coming season. If Qalanders are going to provide quick bowlers he'd surely also be an option.
I don't know what network he may still have in Zim, if any.

His adoptive (?) Dad, Clive was a friend of mine.
He passed away in Joburgh a couple of years ago after an extremely short illness. Life is a tenuous thing, you never know when its your time. He was a crazy MF with a big heart. He was friendly with DH.
He would usually phone me drunk about once a month and we'd catch up. Howzit My China!
When Melty got angry you took cover, he was a scrapper of note and feared nobody.
Mickey Arthur fucked Dustin over, that's what Flat Heads do best.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

My only concern about the Qalanders thing is that some of the domestic matches have dangerous pitches. Facing serious pace on some of those pitches will make men out of a lot of these guys

eugene

Post by eugene »

So Dustin likely has no family contacts in Zimbabwe I'm guessing? That certainly complicates his glorious return.

Googly

Post by Googly »

There's always family contacts.

pillowprocter

Post by pillowprocter »

Yeah, as per the article he is in contact with his biological father and brother

eugene

Post by eugene »

Adoptions from white farming families must be rather rare in Zimbabwe.