Introductions

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Introductions

Post by sloandog »

Thankyou :D

raaghav

Post by raaghav »

hello frds , though i joined the forum a long time back but i forget to give ma intro...
i m from india , wrkg in banglore , i m played cricket at city level , eventhough i had the opprtunity to join UP cricket club and even state under 19 team , but i preffered studies, though i m an engineer but still i devote some of ma tim studing about zim and its cricket...

andy ,grant,johnson,blingnaut, ervine, carlisle,friend,gudwin are some of ma fav. players
eventhough i know i cannt expect grant,and andy to be playg for zim but i ll lik to see the rest playing for zim ....

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Just been reading through som of the introductions. It just made me smile the fact that a lot of us were praying that former players would return, well......they have. Blignaut, Marrilliar, Ervine, Vermuelan etc.
You're theory is working Zimfan1, keep doing what your doing, and at ths rate we'll get Andy Flower, Dave Houghton and Henry Olonga back playing :lol:

jamthala
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by jamthala »

We all want that zim can competete with any team like in old days.now some sign we all see.
God Always Favors Brave Always

MagicMpofu

Post by MagicMpofu »

Hello, MagicMpofu here. As you can tell by my username I am a big fan of the big man Chris Mpofu and also a proud Zimbabwean. I have stuck with our cricket team throughout the good times and bad and by the looks of things at the moment it looks as though we are getting back on track which is very good to see.
I was born in Harare and lived there for a few years up until my family and I moved to Australia - which I have been very grateful for as Aus is a great country. My favourite Zim players of all time are the Flower brothers, Henry Olonga and Heath Streak and my current favourites are Chris Mpofu, Kyle Jarvis, Ray Price, Hamilton Masakadza, Ed Rainsofrd and many others (I just about like all of our players :) )

Anyway I like forward to posting on this forum and discussing Zimbabwe cricket with other Zim fans. :W:

maehara
Administrator
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by maehara »

Welcome to the forums, MagicMpofu! :)

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Welcome to the forum MagicMpofu :D
Love the name by the way :lol:

Flower power
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by Flower power »

Hi guys its good to finally get a place where I can talk about Zim Cricket with like minded people . I was born in Zimbabwe and still live in ZImbabwe . I am currently a cricket Administrator ( sit on the board of Manicaland Cricket Association) and a staunch supporter of the Mountaineers .I have played cricket before but at Junior level , I chose the academic route and lost my playing touch , but i did not loose my love for the sport . I am a great admirer of Andy Flower esp during his playing times with Zimbabwe , he always made those spinners from the sub continent look like amatuers in his world class innings . He made watching test matches pleasurable . My other favourite player in the yesteryear was Grant Flower was superb in the field and was at his best when he was with his brother Andy . They often called in Afrikaans and most teams had no clue of what they were saying ecxept for the South Africans of Course . Another player that was special was Heath Streak "Matebele Boy" watching him with that non bowling front finger pointing at your spot juss brought the magic .AS for modern day I still admire Sean Ervine , Tatenda Taibu (next best keeper after Andy Flower) ,Hamilton Masakadza ( next Hayden) whom I think all will spearhead the return of Zimbabwe to the world scene .
Ans something for you to note ; (when the Flower brothers were involved in any Zim team they always produced something special .Grant Flower is back in Zim team in the coaching department so get ready to receive some Flower Power .)

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Welcome to the forum Flower Power, hope you enjoy your stay :)

mdm

Post by mdm »

Hi everyone im mdm. Born in Redcliff raised in Kwekwe. Im living in Australia came here to study but working now.

Im a big fan of Zim cricket () and have always believed in our guys. Im glad to see people who are fans on this forum coz everyone i seem to talk to always has something bad to say about Zim cricket. I came to this site mistake was led here after a google search looking for Zim cricket shirts.

I still follow every match even though i cant watch most of the games (but thank God for cricinfo im always glued waiting for the screen to refresh the live scores :lol: ). i feel at home here thanks to everyone who contributes and the adminstrators.

My favorite players are Andy flower, Heath Streak, Elton Chigumbura, Tatenda Taibu, Brendan Taylor

Did i mention im A midwest Fan!

Cant wait to see the Windies flogged!! :W: