Zimbabwe’s ‘Emerging’ Squad Mirage: Experienced Players Eclipse Future Stars, Stalling Cricket’s Progress

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: Zimbabwe’s ‘Emerging’ Squad Mirage: Experienced Players Eclipse Future Stars, Stalling Cricket’s Progress

Post by Googly »

Zanu will never relinquish power. Not ever.
Can you imagine the theft if CCC won. :lol:
Theyve got 40 years of catch-up.
All politicians world wide are the same.
When you treat a public servant like a king you deserve what you get.

Pat_Bee

Re: Zimbabwe’s ‘Emerging’ Squad Mirage: Experienced Players Eclipse Future Stars, Stalling Cricket’s Progress

Post by Pat_Bee »

secretzimbo wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:05 pm
[quote=Pat_Bee post_id=229197 time=<a href="tel:1692647591">1692647591</a> user_id=79152]
Chamisa Cricket Club will be just as shady lol. Old Nelson will say he won’t be but once he gets a sniff of that ICC funding coming into Salisbury Sports Club he’ll be bought for a price.
I woudn't worry. I think there's more chance of Jonty becoming president, sadly. :lol:

You're right this CCC lot would probably be pretty shit too. But still, we live in hope!

It would all be worth it just to see the faces of Zanu if they lost. Promised my Grandad on his death bed that I'd have the party of my life for him if those thieving bastards ever end up out on their backsides. Possibly whilst driving past the land they stole off him at gunpoint hey.
[/quote]

What goes around comes around is my outlook on life mate. It’s a long game like test match cricket. Just got to be dogged enough to let the deck flatten out then make your runs.

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

Well I cocked that quoting business up :W: :lol:

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

The military will not allow a non-ZANU government, hence, the election is pointless.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

eugene wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:42 pm
The military will not allow a non-ZANU government, hence, the election is pointless.
Ya pretty much.

Mind you I never thought they'd turn against Bob.

Googly

Post by Googly »

The military is the government. The next scrap will be between the General and ED. Mugabe kept cohesion for decades, but there are clear rifts. They come together for an election but when this one is over there's going to be some really ugly in-fighting. We can only watch and try to adapt and hope for better days.

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

Uncle Bob would beat Emmerson and Nelson in both innings of a super over. Good old Smithy umpiring, DRS confirming every call he made was correct.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

The end of Mugabe wasn't a popular uprising, it was a military coup that the public supported as anything seemed better than the status quo. I imagine Zimbabwe is likely heading into an age of military coups. There isn't enough in the trough for everyone to eat, so someone is going to be pushed aside.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

This is such a strange read this thread.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Googly

Post by Googly »

Fine Zanu shenanigans today. Most of the polling stations in Harare didn't have a single ballot paper. :lol:
They'll be getting them now with 20 minutes to go and the EU observers will be on their 25th Gin and Tonic at Meikles and give it a big thumbs up.
Almost as corrupt as the American elections :lol: :lol: