RIP Heath Streak

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Kriterion_BD

Re: RIP Heath Streak

Post by Kriterion_BD »

eugene wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:04 am

The Russian government officially believes Ukraine is governed by Nazis. What's your point?
See how you just changed the subject? Lack of evidence.

Clearly you're not in a STEM field. You're probably an accountant or something, right? Yeah so if I needed help counting how many eggs I have in the fridge I wouldn't ask Fauci...I'd come to you. Horses for courses isn't just applicable to cricket. It would be like if you asked a painter for his opinion on something more complex than identifying colors. Why do it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

Shall we have some respect and leave the politics aside

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 3:30 pm
eugene wrote:

The Russian government officially believes Ukraine is governed by Nazis. What's your point?

Clearly you're not in a STEM field. You're probably an accountant or something, right? Yeah so if I needed help counting how many eggs I have in the fridge I wouldn't ask Fauci...I'd come to you. Horses for courses isn't just applicable to cricket. It would be like if you asked a painter for his opinion on something more complex than identifying colors. Why do it?
My 2 cents is that these days people in finance have strong mathematical backgrounds (especially statistics) and they do understand confidence intervals, chi squared analysis, regression analysis, T tests and F tests etc :lol: anyway RIP Streaky

Googly

Post by Googly »

Similarly do you (or anyone else) on this forum know the difference betwen Newtonian mechanics and Quantum and Relativistic Mechanics?
I know a twat when I see one, does that count?

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

Nice tribute from Mark Nicholas

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/mark ... bt-1396734

RIP

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

TapsC2 wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2023 3:23 am
Kriterion_BD wrote:
eugene wrote:

My 2 cents is that these days people in finance have strong mathematical backgrounds (especially statistics) and they do understand confidence intervals, chi squared analysis, regression analysis, T tests and F tests etc :lol: anyway RIP Streaky
Accounting and finance aren’t the same thing. Some of the people involved in finance are definitely smart but it’s not an academic subject like anything in STEM. In my opinion, the natural sciences are far more rigorous than the human subjects (business, Econ, finance, law).

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Googly wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:05 pm
Similarly do you (or anyone else) on this forum know the difference betwen Newtonian mechanics and Quantum and Relativistic Mechanics?
I know a twat when I see one, does that count?
I simple no would have sufficed, no?

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
eugene wrote:

That is not what he did.
He juxtaposed your line of ''The official line of the US Government believes this or that' with the official line of another Government superpower to highlight the redundancy, naivety and futility of your statement of blindly taking a PR line at face value.

That is not 'ignoring' your statement at face value.

Kriterion, I have to be blunt here.

You really are nowhere near as smart as you think you are (if you are not trolling).

I hate being rude, but it is kinda obvious to most here.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Crastle_cog

Post by Crastle_cog »

The official line of the US government also was that there were weapons of mass destructions in Iraq :lol:
Let's not get ahead of ourselves here stating an official line of a government to be a full fledged fact lol.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Similarly do you (or anyone else) on this forum know the difference betwen Newtonian mechanics and Quantum and Relativistic Mechanics? I would not be surprised if ZCF members would suggest that physics is bullshit because all of a sudden the laws of mechanics changed. The laws didn't change...our depth of understanding changed, and although Newtons laws of physics are now known to be incorrect (vis a vis Einstein's and Heisenburg's)...it is still taught at every university up to and including Harvard and Princeton. Why you might ask? Because for everyday scenarios, Newton's laws come to out be 99.999999% accurate and work just fine. Einstein's are 100% accurate by the way...or at least what we currently understand to be 100% accurate.
You are deeply disturbed :lol:
Anybody can Google Heisenberg, De Broglie and Schrodinger and at least beat you in an argument using Grade 8 comprehension skills :lol:
Let me correct you just by a simple copy and paste.

It didn’t. It extended Newtonian physics by making it more general and precise.

Newton’s First and Third laws of motion survived 20th century physics unscathed.

Newton’s Second Law F=dp/dt is still true, we just have a slightly modified definition for momentum that is more precise at high speeds than Newton’s p=mv.

Newton’s law of gravitation suffered the most at the hands of contemporary relativity, but the mathematical form is still very accurate until you get incredibly close to a massive object, or try to describe the trajectory of light.

To put it simply, Newtonian physics still survives as the low-speed and weak-gravity limit of contemporary physics. It was never “destroyed” and is still an extremely effective tool for describing motion in most normally-encountered situations in the universe.

Please don't argue :lol: , I just don't have the time to learn more than you in my spare hour.
I think stick to wiping bums- golden rule ...front to back.