2023 ODI World Cup Discussion

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimbos_05

Re: 2023 ODI World Cup Discussion

Post by zimbos_05 »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Could not have happened to a more deserving country.

chetanpatel1981

Post by chetanpatel1981 »

Yes ....
I am also happy Aus won.
India loss but one of the great team

Thay have gurts and one big failure can not bring down them. They will definitely bounce back.

Zimbabwe will play next odi world cup because I guess they are one of organiser. Otherwise we have seen during last two world cup they they even not qualified.

Change your mindset and don't blame world cup format or don't even think like India has made pitches suitable to them only...final match clearly shown this .

Otherwise India has completely dominated during the world cup , whether you accept or not

Congratulations to Australian team, they have really played well and executed their plan in will menner. Even they also deserved for this win.

In India, people are also celebrating this win and supporting both team

Remember cricket is gentlemen's game.

Zimbabwe is playing more them 30 yrs but result is BD, Afganistan, Nepal, ire, Netherlands and Namibia are better.

Zimbabwe has no caliber to directly qualify.

Bye.....don't want to waste time of this kind of nero minded people

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

:lol:

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

chetanpatel1981 wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:34 am

In India, people are also celebrating this win and supporting both team

Haha. As soon as Travis Head took that catch, his Instagram was being spammed with Indian fans calling him all kinds of names.

Indian fans have this inflated ego of their team and think that everyone should support them and appreciate them, but fail to see the irony that this is why people don't like them.

Crastle_cog

Post by Crastle_cog »

It's just shameful. The demeanor of my fellow Indians online, you can only justify so much. And that's coming from me being a nationalist as well. Just pathetic.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I went and had a look at some of the posts on Head's Instagram. Just weird to get so abusive over a game, and a good one at that, played in good spirit.

As I said the players avoided the BCCI big dogs after that game. There's clearly that big boss servant type relationship that's also prevalent in a number of other cricket set ups, like ours for example.

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

India doctored a rough track and it brought Australia back into the game, especially choosing to field first. They should have stuck with a road and put 400 on the board. :lol:

No use coming on here ripping Zim when you got beat in your own World Cup, fixed everything you could to win it and still fell short yo.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Pat_Bee wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 6:53 am
India doctored a rough track and it brought Australia back into the game, especially choosing to field first. They should have stuck with a road and put 400 on the board. :lol:

No use coming on here ripping Zim when you got beat in your own World Cup, fixed everything you could to win it and still fell short yo.
I really thought they would try out-bat the Aussies. Surprising to be honest

Googly

Post by Googly »

Andy Atkinson (NZ) was the Head pitch curator for the WC. He accused the BCCI of changing the semi final pitch at the last minute from a new to a used deck. All he supposedly did was have a meeting with all the groundsmen and encourage them to produce good and fair wickets. If only it were that easy :lol:

It's unclear whether he was even present for the final. Some reports say he left and others are saying he did come look at the pitch, which was also a used one. Anyway he's no longer in the BCCI good books so let's see whether ICC react and have him killed or tortured.
According to the onfield groundsman, use of the heavy roller on black clay actually slowed the ball down? I don't follow that science.

We've got a problem with our pitches throughout the country. They definitely favor the side batting second.
They've been like that for a long time. There's so much money in cricket that the science behind the various types of clay must be known. There's nothing stopping us importing a few container loads of clay from a better source if our clay is shit. They've relaid a few decks at Sports Club and I'm wondering where they sourced that clay.
Our clay here is usually sourced in vleis (wetlands), is very black and definitely crumbles very badly when it dries out.
It's not actually pure clay from what I can see.

Maybe one day we'll see two decks prepared alongside each other, one for each innings? There's no extra work in preparing two adjacent decks.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

chetanpatel1981 wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:34 am
Yes ....
I am also happy Aus won.
India loss but one of the great team

Thay have gurts and one big failure can not bring down them. They will definitely bounce back.
India have a shitload of talent in their team that is for sure, but the one thing I can’t describe them though is having guts (not gurts).
The reason I made money on Australia last night is I knew the pressure would get to them. Because they get intimidated by the occasion.
Aus and NZ are the gutsy teams I would say. Old Zimbabwe were too.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*