2023 ODI World Cup Discussion

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: 2023 ODI World Cup Discussion

Post by Googly »

To put in some underground piping under a deck, about 12 inches down that provides some moisture from underneath would be a simple thing to engineer. It would be a few weeks of trial and error to figure out how much water is required on a daily basis to keep a pitch healthy.
When you wet a pitch and then roll it a while later that water can't be penetrating more than a couple of inches.
When you use a pitch for a couple of days it takes a long time to recover. Maybe I'm onto something with the Googly Pitch- patent pending!

Googly

Post by Googly »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:36 am
chetanpatel1981 wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:34 am
Yes ....
I am also happy Aus won.
India loss but one of the great team

Thay have gurts and one big failure can not bring down them. They will definitely bounce back.
India have a shitload of talent in their team that is for sure, but the one thing I can’t describe them though is having guts (not gurts).
The reason I made money on Australia last night is I knew the pressure would get to them. Because they get intimidated by the occasion.
Aus and NZ are the gutsy teams I would say. Old Zimbabwe were too.
SA are the team that never quit. They're labelled chokers but they fight until the bitter end. NZ as well.
As far as individuals go, you have to go some to find someone with more resolve than Kohli.

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

TapsC2 wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 6:57 am
Pat_Bee wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 6:53 am
India doctored a rough track and it brought Australia back into the game, especially choosing to field first. They should have stuck with a road and put 400 on the board. :lol:

No use coming on here ripping Zim when you got beat in your own World Cup, fixed everything you could to win it and still fell short yo.
I really thought they would try out-bat the Aussies. Surprising to be honest
Ya runs on the board count more than wickets in modern day white ball most of the time. Baffling they wouldn’t play to that strength.

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

I was very surprised they didn't prepare a road.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

I imagine the BCCI will now proclaim ODI cricket obsolete and declare all resources should go to the IPL where an Indian team is guaranteed victory.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Ah! I can tell you that it was devestating for fans and I'm sure for the team as well. This was a World Cup given on a plate to team India and yet they couldn't take it. I don't think it is easy to get such a golden chance again. Winning World Cups ain't that easy.

I've been posting a little less guys, my little daughter is suffering from Anxiety issues and is not able to go to school, so we as parents are going through a tough time... But pretty sure I'll be on when Zimbabwe start their qualifying campaign!!!

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Sorry to hear that sam...hope your daughter and family recover soon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Googly

Post by Googly »

Sorry to hear that Sam. I'm sure you've done so, but check there's nobody giving her a hard time there.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Thanks guys, yeah checking all angles and started taking help of a phycologist right away.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

chetanpatel1981 wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:34 am
Yes ....
I am also happy Aus won.
India loss but one of the great team

Thay have gurts and one big failure can not bring down them. They will definitely bounce back.

Zimbabwe will play next odi world cup because I guess they are one of organiser. Otherwise we have seen during last two world cup they they even not qualified.

Change your mindset and don't blame world cup format or don't even think like India has made pitches suitable to them only...final match clearly shown this .

Otherwise India has completely dominated during the world cup , whether you accept or not

Congratulations to Australian team, they have really played well and executed their plan in will menner. Even they also deserved for this win.

In India, people are also celebrating this win and supporting both team

Remember cricket is gentlemen's game.

Zimbabwe is playing more them 30 yrs but result is BD, Afganistan, Nepal, ire, Netherlands and Namibia are better.

Zimbabwe has no caliber to directly qualify.

Bye.....don't want to waste time of this kind of nero minded people
We will probably have to look at our Fans who are often arrogant, our Board which always starts flexing it's financial muscle... We have think why a much loved cricketing nation like ours is now amongst the most hated.

I don't think we can blame the fans here. They have every right to give their opinion.