Zimbabwe Vs Namibia | 2nd T20I | 25th Oct 2023

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Zimbabwe Vs Namibia | 2nd T20I | 25th Oct 2023

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

andrea lanzoni wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:52 am
Hi all, I tried with https://oneafrica.com.na/sportsonone/cricket/ but it is not available in Europe.
anyone knows an alternative to watch the series?
Bet365 app
Stats, commentary and everything
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Donald

Post by Donald »

Well done Raza you absolutely beauty.

I never want to see ervine Faraz or mumba in a 20 20 match ever again. Ervine fine for 50 over though and tests.

Hope ngarava is back for Friday match.
What is the situation with Sean Williams?

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

sloandog wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:08 pm
Pissing me off that I can't see this live. How did Wez look?
Wesley looked good. Clean strikes and he is actually a very good player of pace.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Donald wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:26 pm

I never want to see ervine Faraz or mumba in a 20 20 match ever again. Ervine fine for 50 over though and tests.

Agree on Ervine, I may sound harsh but he is not suited for T20s. They can get Bennett or Matt Welch in his place.

tgk

Post by tgk »

sam_ahm wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:28 pm
Donald wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:26 pm

Agree on Ervine, I may sound harsh but he is not suited for T20s. They can get Bennett or Matt Welch in his place.
It'll help the team too if we slowly move away from Ervine, in the shortest format. Dealing with life after Raza, Williams and Ervine.

pillowprocter

Post by pillowprocter »

Crazy how Raza has gotten so good he can just brute force his way to wins over associates.

CalZim
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by CalZim »

Managed to watch most of the game despite threatening to turn it off at regular intervals.

Takes:
Mumba is not an international bowler, surely must only be in the side for his batting capability down the order. To be honest I'd rather see Donald Tiripano.

Ndlovu isn't far off, can see why he was given a chance. Can see him being Welly's replacement one day. He can bat as well from what I have seen in the past.

Zimbabwe are using these games to trial players and results don't matter. Concerned by this as we should be going for a win in these games and use A sides for this. I don't mind the odd player getting a chance but the bowling attack was an 'a' team and it almost cost us the game. Every international game affects our rankings!

Jongwe was not given enough of the ball. This baffled me as he is the wicket taker and partnership breaker.

Welch looks class, ignore the scorecards his technique is what we have needed for a long time.

Kaia and Ervine struggle to keep pace on the t20 game. I'd prefer just 1 of these in the lineup with Welch at the top.

Raza won us the game with his batting (pretty obvious) without him we would have been skittled cheaply again. Real concern even against the associates in the qualifiers.

CalZim
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by CalZim »

This would be my team for the next game:

Welch
Ervine
Madhevere
Raza
Williams (if fit, if not K-long up top)
Burl
Madande
Jongwe
Ndlovu
Ngarava
Chatara

Happy to give Ndlovu another game, he has even shaved his head to look a bit more like Welly :lol:

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Raza batting against teams like Nigeria or whoever will be cruel :lol:

Googly

Post by Googly »

That is our best come from behind win ever, I reckon.
Unbelievable from Raza.
We were dead and buried.
If they don't figure out how to bowl at Van Lingen we will be chasing 230 next game.
I don't know whether Mumba meant to bowl those half trackers in the first over?
I'm sure he knows what to do, but that was a bad over.
Those Namibians didn't bowl one bouncer.
Theyre a better, more organised side than us and its worrying.
I think Nick Welch might do ok for us, against decent bowling he was doing ok, missed out on 3 six balls that he bottom edged from that one end. It was bouncing one side and staying low the other. That would have changed the game a lot.
I was really surprised they sent Craig in next when it was clear Kaia was struggling. The two of them all but bottled that, were it not for Raza. You just can't have two guys not getting going at the crease at the same time chasing 200.
I mean one quiet over puts you behind, they had nearly 3 quiet overs, we were 30 runs behind the rate at the 13th over.
I really think Madhevere needs to open with NW. That's the best opening combo with the players that are in that touring party. It's absolutely critical to be around 50 in the power play, we were at 30 and Welch had 25 of them. If they don't fix that immediately only another Raza miracle will get us over the line.
Ainsley bowled well. A couple of shit deliveries that got sent but otherwise it was tidy.
Craig needs to float between 3 and 5 depending on the situation. He should never have come in when he did.
Burl is a good bowler, but there's always that one poor delivery in the over. He needs to fix that.
Madande came in when it was on a knife edge and nearly bottled it. Went for a wild swing at a ball a meter over his head and got bat on it. Lucky not to get caught. That's a guy in panic mode. His sole job had to be to get Raza on strike.

We really need Blessing and Brad back. We need Williams.
Luke and Chats have to surely be on borrowed time in T20.
We did not bowl half as well as Associate bowlers. It was poor.
Namibia are a good side though, we've seen that clearly.

We really need to win this next game and the series. They need to put the best players on the park and not be experimenting. Experiment if you've won the series and it's a dead rubber. We will be more than lucky to beat these guys.
It's their bowling. They bowl tighter than us.