Zimbabwe vs Namibia | 5th T20I

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
TapsC2

Re: Zimbabwe vs Namibia | 5th T20I

Post by TapsC2 »

Googly wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:19 pm
Assume Naqvi and Williams are available, who do you drop?
For me Craig and Wes. We all know Madhevere's issues but Craig has been flying under the radar and not performing in this format. I have to specify, this format.

He averaged 17 last year in this format with a strike rate of 105. Now he is one of our key players but anybody will tell you scoring 17 runs in 4 overs ain't good all. Hami had a similar run before he retired. We have to call as it is.

If we take that 2022 average you will probably pick giving Marumani or even Wes a long rope than a 38 year old constantly scoring 17 runs off 4 overs. We have to be honest here.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Ya I'd replace Luke with Brad Evans.
Madande has to improve, he looks like he has the capacity though.
I'd forgotten about Marumani. Problem is on a pitch like today he'd have been a bunny.
Craig is the right guy on a shit pitch as he's technically excellent. On an average deck he doesn't score fast enough.
In theory you shouldn't see a pitch like this in T20 but as I've said repeatedly this is what they will prepare because their spin attack is excellent.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Ainsley is a good bowler. Bowls the customary shit ball but he's good.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Assuming they give Nick Welch a run, and there's no guarantee, there's a question mark as to who else would open. Both Innocent and TK struggle to rotate. They really have to prepare for turners and we need to rotate strike.
That's against Namibia of course.
No idea what the other teams are like.
Munyonga would probably have done well this tour, he's a decent player.

Give it a year and Bennett and Welch Jr will also be in the mix, I reckon. They're both currently not mentally scarred by repeated losses :lol:

Maybe Kaia or TK will bludgeon a lesser attack, but slow wickets will be the order of the day.
I'd be preparing slow turning holding practice wickets for the squad to practice on or this could get ugly.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I don't know what level their preparation is at, but they need to pay attention here and get some work done on correctly prepared practice wickets. I know I'm repeating myself but we could get tripped up. That should have been the alarm bell to go into camp and prepare mightily. All those performances were shite.
There should gave been more reverses and only one was played.
Anything outside off should have been reversed until they plugged the gap.
Had to walk at a few deliveries from seamers if the keeper was back. That would have changed the game and nobody but Welch seems prepared to do that. They kept the keeper up for him. They're a sharp team for part timers. That was embarrassing.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Series losses both home and away to Namibia within the last 18 months. Well and truly the 3rd team in Africa now. Can’t argue with it.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Let’s hope and pray Williams, Muzarabani, Evans and Wellington are all back fit for the qualifiers.

mnelson68

Post by mnelson68 »

I didn't watch the game , but seriously what is Ervine doing ? His captaincy is very poor, the 2 best bowlers today were Ngarava and Chatara yet they didn't bowl out their 4 overs ? Unbelievably poor , no match awareness at all and it happens time and time again in different scenarios.

mnelson68

Post by mnelson68 »

Googly wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:21 pm
Interesting that Jongwe hasn't had an over.
Craig with some decent bowling changes today, managed his bowlers well.
No he hasn't, why has Ngarava only bowled 3 overs 2 for 6 ? Chatara 3.4 overs 3 for 7 ? Go for the kill when you have 2 bowlers taking a total of 5 for 13 and they still have 8 deliveries up their sleeve then that is horrendous.

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

What a train wreck; Dave out!

Failed in the qualifiers and failed now.

Naqvi’s dad can be the new head coach.