Series Thread: Zimbabwe 'A' in Namibia

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Detective RDS

Re: Series Thread: Zimbabwe 'A' in Namibia

Post by Detective RDS »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:An observation: The One Dayers have not been classified as List A matches. They are treating them as "Other OD"s. Any idea what the reason for that is?

Surely they can't take away Maruma's maiden List A 100 like this...
Good point....

I also dont think that it is a List 'A' match but it should have been.If it is a List A series,then cricinfo should have mentioned that but they didnt.I suspect the 'A' team matches arent noted as a List A match.Not sure but can be...

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Namibia vs Zimbabwe A is obviously deserving of List A status. Namibia is an associate team capable of playing List A matches (which they have in recent times I believe, against other associates in the World Cricket League matches). When playing in other countries it is the discretion of the home board what the status of the match is (ie. Cricket South Africa allow the Namibians to play List A matches in the SAA games, Zimbabwe gave Kenya Select First Class status in the Logan Cup, etc.)

Zimbabwe A is a List A team also. They played List A games under the auspices of Zimbabwe Provinces a while back, but they definitely have played List A games against Bangladesh A.

Maybe the question is the status of the ground. Has Namibia played any List A matches in Windhoek?

maehara
Administrator
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by maehara »

Their SAA Provincial one-dayers at Windhoek are List A:
http://content.cricinfo.com/southafrica ... 59990.html

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

There should be no question on the status then. I can't speak for the Twenty20 game (and obviously the tour match doesn't count), but I see no reason why the 50 overs games shouldn't be awarded List A status.

Where do we lodge a complaint? Does the Cricket Statistician group still handle these sorts of conflicts?