Series Thread: Zimbabwe 'A' in Namibia

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
maehara
Administrator
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Re: Series Thread: Zimbabwe 'A' in Namibia

Post by maehara »

zimfan1 wrote:I also herd that we may be playing in south Africa's domestic competitions next year can anyone confirm this?
Cricket South Africa are expected to reinstate their bilateral agreements with Zim - follows from the last ICC board meeting where they promised full support for Zim again - but there's been no official confirmation yet.

zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by zimfan1 »

be great if we can have development sides in the provincial tournament again and our national side in the domestic ones as after we played last time we showed big improvements afterward beating the west indies and Australia which i am sure was down to regular competitive matches

lets keep our fingers crossed but to be fair to south Africa they have always bent over backwards to help there African neighbours so i expect them to honor there commitments of offering support in some form

zulu

Post by zulu »

What a performance by Zim A! :D

Coventry, Maruma, Vermulean and Manyumwa must be knocking at the doors of national selection. The player who has really surprised me is Maruma I thought he was a bowler who bats in the tail?? hes shown that he is definatly more of a batsman he would be the ideal replacment for Dabengwa in the national team. Really happy for vermulean and coventry they must get in the national team soon. As for manyumwa im sure he will get a run aswell hes been outstanding with the ball and our seam department is bare so maybe hes the answer

jimbo

Post by jimbo »

I think that dabengwa might well be entrenched in the national team for some while yet. The selectors must have seen something less obvious to most of us to keep selecting him. Scores of 20 and 30 now and again doesnt make a good national team batsman

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

maehara wrote:Ever since Martin Williamson's chat with Ozias Bvute, spookily enough. I'd love to know what was said off-the-record in that one, as the change in tone at CricInfo since that interview has been marked - "resurgent Zimbabweans", "flickers of hope", "much-improved performances"... who are they and what have they done with the real CricInfo?!
Probably something along the lines of "Let's be friends, but don't let Steven Price write any more articles". Lo-and-behold, Steven Price hasn't written any articles this year. He published less and less exclusives over time, so by the end of it he was no different to any other of the Cricinfo staff writers - except he was always more negative. Maybe it was a win-win-win situation as Steve Carell would put it?
maehara wrote:Was wondering if they'd ever get around to covering it. ... The results are scorecards were almost as ZCN/ZCF exclusive...
Some things never change ;)
zimfan1 wrote:lets keep our fingers crossed but to be fair to south Africa they have always bent over backwards to help there African neighbours so i expect them to honor there commitments of offering support in some form
Ian Smith would not agree! In a cricketing sense though, I agree; South Africa have been very good to Zimbabwe over a long period of time.
zimfan1 wrote:i think the real test will be in September and November when we play bangladesh home and away if we can beat them if both then we can finally say that we are heading back for the big time
The Bangladesh series will be huge. We beat them twice a few months ago (once is maybe a fluke, but twice is certainly not) and that was away from home. On home soil on better batting tracks I reckon we could do very well. I can't wait - especially if Taylor will be returning.

Detective RDS

Post by Detective RDS »

Well done,Zimbabwe 'A'

Mark Vermeulen and Charles Coventry had a good tour and I hope that they will be selected for the national team in the next series.

Timycen Maruma did very well in all round performance.Yes,I also think that if he is selected then Keith Dabengwa will be overlooked.Actually Dabengwa hasnt done enough while playing for Zimbabwe.

Good to see that young bowlers are coming out like Admire Manyumwa.He will be looking forward to replace Christopher Mpofu I think...

zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by zimfan1 »

only because i emailed them with the scorecards because i was fed up of their lack of activity lol :D :D

maehara
Administrator
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by maehara »

zimfan1 wrote:only because i emailed them with the scorecards because i was fed up of their lack of activity lol :D :D
It's a terrible thing when the giant of the cricket website world needs a bunch of fans at a fansite to do their work for them. Where's our commission...

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

An observation: The One Dayers have not been classified as List A matches. They are treating them as "Other OD"s. Any idea what the reason for that is?

Surely they can't take away Maruma's maiden List A 100 like this...