Tatenda Taibu isnt named in Kolkata Knight Riders squad

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Detective RDS

Tatenda Taibu isnt named in Kolkata Knight Riders squad

Post by Detective RDS »

I have a bad news for all.The squads of IPL season 2 is announced yesterday.But Tatenda Taibu isnt in the Kolkata Knight Riders squad.I havent found his name in the quota of 10 international players of Kolkata Knight Riders.

Link:

1.Kolkata Knight Riders squad of 2009-
http://content.cricinfo.com/ipl2009/con ... 94485.html

2.IPL player register 2009
http://www.iplt20.com/iplt20/pdf/IPL_Pl ... r_2009.pdf

maehara
Administrator
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Re: Tatenda Taibu isnt named in Kolkata Knight Riders squad

Post by maehara »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:It's because he won't be able to retrieve his kit in time.
Heh. :)

Not much of a surprise, though - he didn't get much game-time last year when he was in at least some form. He's in woeful form at the moment, which has probably killed his chances completely...

Detective RDS

Post by Detective RDS »

Ya,I agree...Out of form must be a concern for his left out.I also think that he hasnt got a permanent deal last year or got a deal of 1 year.

Detective RDS

Post by Detective RDS »

It's so surprising that Tatenda Taibu has signed a three year contract with Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) but even though he wasnt called for the KKR squad of season 2.

Sunday news about the non appearance of Taibu in IPL season 2:

http://www.sundaynews.co.zw/inside.aspx ... 3341&cat=5

Taibu snubbed by India Premier League

By Mehluli Sibanda

ZIMBABWE is not represented at the Indian Premier League after Tatenda Taibu was snubbed for the second edition of the tournament that is in South Africa, despite having a three-year contract with the rich league.

Taibu, the only Zimbabwean entered into the inaugural IPL auction, was bought for US$125 000 and turned out for the Kolkata Knight Riders in the maiden season.

However, he did not see much action as the Knight Riders had New Zealander Brendan McCullum as their first choice wicketkeeper.

Even when McCullum left early for international duty, Taibu was not picked as a wicketkeeper as Wriddhiman Saha, an Indian was preferred behind the stumps.

His situation was not helped by the fact that each team is only allowed four non-Indians in a match and that might be the reason why Taibu is not part of this year’s IPL as he was deemed excess to requirement.

In the first edition of the IPL, Taibu played only three matches, batted in all those matches and scored 31 runs at an average of 10.33 and a strike rate of 119.23 with a best score of 15 runs.

Kolkata Knight Riders, who are coached by former Australian coach John Buchanan, bolstered their squad with the signing of West Indies captain Chris Gayle.

Besides Gayle and McCullum, Kolkata Knight Riders have former Indian captain Sourav Ganguly and Sri Lankan spin sensation Ajantha Mendis.

A reliable international source said Taibu’s form at the moment did not warrant him a place in the IPL.

Taibu, who has played all the matches for Northerns in the inter-provincial Logan Cup, in earlier communication with Sunday News had indicated that he was going for the IPL.

“I am still waiting to be told when we are required for camp. I have a three-year contract and this year is only the second,” said Taibu in an electronic mail on 10 March.

When contacted to clarify his non-appearance, Taibu refused to speak on his absence saying his contract did not allow him to divulge such information.

“My contract does not allow me to let you know what exactly is going on, I will let you know after my three-year term,’’ Taibu said in another e-mail sent last Saturday.

It is not clear whether Taibu would be called up for next season’s edition of IPL.
Zimbabwean opener Vusumuzi Sibanda was entered in the auction for this year’s edition but none of the eight teams were interested in signing him.

This year’s edition of the IPL was moved to South Africa after the Indian government could not guarantee security for the matches because the league was going to start at a time when India was holding elections and the IPL organisers were not keen to adjust the dates of the event.