Uganda Vs Rawanda | 30th November 2023| ICC T20 World Cup Africa qualifiers | Miracle needed

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Pat_Bee

Re: Uganda Vs Rawanda | 30th November 2023| ICC T20 World Cup Africa qualifiers | Miracle needed

Post by Pat_Bee »

Ya he’s the man. Deserves to be in an all time XI, just not the captain :lol:

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Uganda Vs Rawanda | 30th November 2023| ICC T20 World Cup Africa qualifiers | Miracle needed

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

secretzimbo wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:57 am
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:37 am
Donald wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:31 am
So I think we need to move on from Chatara and Wellington

Extended time away for madande and madhevere certainly in 20/20.
Mate this is basic common sense.
Somewhere on this site I said after the failed CWC that chatara must be retired or he will cost us in a big tournament again and surprise surprise it happened.
Wellington should only come into the mix of Williams and Raza aren’t playing. Those two offer the same as what he does.
I know you really hate him, possibly because of his name, but Masakadza is a significantly better bowler than Raza and Williams and I’m not sure why you can’t see this.
Particularly so in longer formats.
I don’t hate him. I’ve never called for him to retire.
But I will ask you what makes Wellington better than Raza?
Sell it to me
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Crastle_cog

Post by Crastle_cog »

The fact that he can bowl his overs out mostly with an economy of a run a ball or less? You'd never see such consistency from raza or willo.

Crastle_cog

Post by Crastle_cog »

I think a part of our failures is not utilizing wellington effectively with the ball. When was the last time we saw him ball out his full quota?

ilovearsenal04
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by ilovearsenal04 »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 2:30 pm
secretzimbo wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:57 am
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:37 am

Mate this is basic common sense.
Somewhere on this site I said after the failed CWC that chatara must be retired or he will cost us in a big tournament again and surprise surprise it happened.
Wellington should only come into the mix of Williams and Raza aren’t playing. Those two offer the same as what he does.
I know you really hate him, possibly because of his name, but Masakadza is a significantly better bowler than Raza and Williams and I’m not sure why you can’t see this.
Particularly so in longer formats.
I don’t hate him. I’ve never called for him to retire.
But I will ask you what makes Wellington better than Raza?
Sell it to me
He is very accurate and economical, that alone should be a valuable asset in LOI‘s. This will always create pressure for the wicket taking bowlers to capitalise on (if we have any wicket taking bowlers that is) I think he is slightly above Raza and co and i really hope they make him work on his batting. There is a very good batsman in there and i really do not know if its mental that he has not shifted gears in International cricket. He is also a very intelligent player and i cannot speak of his captaincy but i think him being the mountaneers captain means they value him a lot.
The higher you go the cooler it becomes.

ilovearsenal04
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by ilovearsenal04 »

One more topic that has been downplayed this series has been the poor form our marquee batsman has been in. Sean looked kinda disinterested and i know he was not but we did not really see the Sean Williams of the ODI qualifiers for example. All games Raza failed we lost, the responsibility should be shared under normal circumstances but well we are Zimbabwe so there is no normal in our lives!
The higher you go the cooler it becomes.

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

ilovearsenal04 wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:07 pm
One more topic that has been downplayed this series has been the poor form our marquee batsman has been in. Sean looked kinda disinterested and i know he was not but we did not really see the Sean Williams of the ODI qualifiers for example. All games Raza failed we lost, the responsibility should be shared under normal circumstances but well we are Zimbabwe so there is no normal in our lives!
Whoa what?! Don’t drag Williams into this :lol: :lol:

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

He’s the only one who can get a free ride in all this. :lol:

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

I actually think Sean was just going through a poor run of form by his standards. He didn't do too well in the couple of domestic games he played as well. It happens. I just hope they have the mentality to go out on a high. It always gets to me that Cremer left when we were rock bottom. That's another mentality thing. You can't end it like that. Rather go out guns blazing like Hami and BT.

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

BT’s guns were always blazing :lol: he’s got more to offer yet. ZC should be making polite enquiries.

Ya Williams wasn’t in the best of form, reasonable knocks without getting going. He’s nowhere near the chop though. Get rid of 8 or 9 guys before him. He needs the hunger to keep going though.