Ireland Shenanigans

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
tej_27

Re: Ireland Shenanigans

Post by tej_27 »

Pat_Bee wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:01 pm
Well he deserves a nickname yo. He copped some stick from me last week but he’s a diamond geezer really.
I am almost tempted to join you calling him that . But sadness of zimbabwe not qualifying stops me from enjoying anything here

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

TapsC2 wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:07 pm
It is good that there is another series immediately. Then Sri Lanka not too long after. Can help you move on quickly.

Chivanga is probably going to be in for Chatara but I have to caution people that at a certain level pace can be used against you. Munyonga and Shumba and Gumbie for the ODIs would be good. Mavuta to compete with Wellington.

I think maybe K-Long should get another opportunity. In a weird way I think he is a better version of Marumani for now. A surprise pick could be Bennett. It all depends on whether they decide to make some changes or not.

If Williams and Ervine are still in the picture I actually want Raza to open. It's something different and so far it has been effective. We can't keep doing the same thing and expecting different results
Ya no time to dwell on it when you got something new to focus on. Faster you bowl faster you go to the boundary! :lol:

Welch has what it takes, just needs to work on his game and capitalise on every chance, we all know he won’t get as many as a Shona kid might hey.

Crastle_cog wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:09 pm
I'd fancy munyonga in all honesty. Never got an extended run of chances as compared to wes, milton and marumani to some degree. Plays fearless cricket whenever I've seen him play. Was crucial in that Australia win as well.
Ya he was smacking it round helping Raz Dawg in one of the Bangladesh games too if I remember right. His time has come and he needs to jump on it!

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

tej_27 wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:10 pm
Pat_Bee wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:01 pm
Well he deserves a nickname yo. He copped some stick from me last week but he’s a diamond geezer really.
I am almost tempted to join you calling him that . But sadness of zimbabwe not qualifying stops me from enjoying anything here
Ireland series is next week yo, get depressed after that :lol:

Googly

Post by Googly »

TapsC2 wrote:
Welch is the interesting one. Talented of course but hasn't made his mark yet. He hasn't shown he is significantly better than the rest. If he struggles again in the next 2 series he might join Ben Curran on the sidelines
Will he not get 2-4 years to come right like everyone else? :lol:

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Googly wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:38 pm
TapsC2 wrote:
Welch is the interesting one. Talented of course but hasn't made his mark yet. He hasn't shown he is significantly better than the rest. If he struggles again in the next 2 series he might join Ben Curran on the sidelines
Will he not get 2-4 years to come right like everyone else? :lol:
:lol: I remember when I still had blind faith in Wes I once said that surely Wes playing 100 international games would be better than Welch who was in a world class system but barely getting professional games in.

County 2s as we can see is as good as a professional game but I have to ask is there pressure? Welch was thrown into a real pressure cooker situation first up and I'm thinking had he been in such a situation before?

I guess my main question is does he need more time to get used to the pressure?

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

Old welch dawg come over thinking he could throw his weight around with all his county seconds experience and his sweet sweet t10 Zim Afro deal but found out third world cricket is a different game all together played on dirt road pitches. He got thrown in the deep end I guess pressure and expectation wise. He’s up for it though. I’d persist with him. Him and raz dawg opening will bring his game on.

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

Disclaimer: the blast and royal London is the real deal, not seconds. But he was at the shittest county ever. :lol:

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Pressure is a hell of a thing. On Paper India should have never lost that final. They might have the greatest team of all time on paper. The Aussies just know how it soak it up and thrive off it. Most people wouldn't believe Marsh, Maxwell, Marnus, Green, Carey, Stoinis and Inglis average below 40 in ODIs. They work as a unit

Luke Jongwe is probably the only guy I know for sure soaks up pressure well. I remember him making Pakistan come out to bowl an extra day in a test. He enjoyed it. You need that mentality.

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

Like when Compton came and talked Joylord through his game. Sometimes all you need is that experience from a bigger gun. It’s mental at this level. To get this far it’s obvious your skills are in order.

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

TapsC2 wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:06 pm
Pressure is a hell of a thing. On Paper India should have never lost that final. They might have the greatest team of all time on paper. The Aussies just know how it soak it up and thrive off it. Most people wouldn't believe Marsh, Maxwell, Marnus, Green, Carey, Stoinis and Inglis average below 40 in ODIs. They work as a unit

Luke Jongwe is probably the only guy I know for sure soaks up pressure well. I remember him making Pakistan come out to bowl an extra day in a test. He enjoyed it. You need that mentality.
Jongwe :lol: :lol: he’s a shady guy him, I’d have him in my team every week. Find a place for him whatever the conditions said.