Zimbabwe vs Ireland one day and 20/20 series

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Zimbabwe vs Ireland one day and 20/20 series

Post by secretzimbo »

mnelson68 wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:33 pm
:twisted:
secretzimbo wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:02 pm
mnelson68 wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:55 pm

Wow that's astonishing to me , you'd rather play guys who have been around longer and done nothing at international level than a bright prospect who if given more opportunity could become a long term player.
Well your approach has totally failed with the other youngsters particularly Madhevere. So I would say Zimfan has a point.
I'm glad you weren't on the selection committee when BT was playing international cricket at 18 years of age. It hasn't worked with Wes but what if Bennett is better than Wes ? We will never find out because they are too busy gifting games to spuds who are no good.
Absolute massive lol if you think anyone anywhere near the system currently at any age is anywhere near as gifted as BT was :lol: Don't make such retarded comparisons.

Also, Wes has always been by far the most gifted and talented of all the young players in the country. He was always streets ahead of his peers as a junior/schoolboy and yes that includes Bennett. What has happened to Wes' technique and form is shocking.

Also I criticise selections and selectors strongly but I'm not out here calling decent professional cricketers 'spuds'. Have some respect ffs - some of the players read this forum. They are all 100x better players than you, thats for sure matjie.

Once again you are another of the dudes out here losing their shit because a white boy didn't get picked and yet you completely ignore the absolutely insanely poor treatment certain shunned black players get. It's odd. You have a complex. As do many others.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Maybe if Tapiwa Mufudza was called Thomas Matthews people would be more outraged. Or if Trevor Gwandu was called Trevor Gwent.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

ideal twitter/X user zim xi

nick welsh, mathew welsh, brain bunnet, david bunnet, craig irivine, sean william, brad even, jonathin cumball, duston melting, andrew oddendal, matthew shonking

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

William :lol: he’s the only murungu they ever do want chopping when he has a poor game and usually want to replace him with Even who they just can’t comprehend has been injured forever.

Duston :lol: he dropped off the radar for six months. Good effort yo.

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

No place for rian birl in that team? Clearly quota based.

Biggest series of his life and reduced to carrying the drinks.

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

Also can’t believe there’s no place for dom best.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

People forget Wes scored 70 in his third ever T20 match in Pakistan. I have always said that Wes is not necessarily the most talented kid we have but he was certainly the most prepared for international cricket.

Bennett will get his chances. Sometimes it's better to take it slow. Last thing you want is for somebody to bottle 10 games in a row because they weren't ready and then they get benched for a year.

I will keep saying Welch is an example of this. Nobody wants to say how they picked him over K-Long and he bottled 7 games in such a short space of time. K-Long was in much better form. Marumani was the reserve keeper so he had to go.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Pat_Bee wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:56 am
No place for rian birl in that team? Clearly quota based.

Biggest series of his life and reduced to carrying the drinks.
:lol: they used to cry for PJ every series and cried when he left to join the Irish team he can't seem to get into now.

mnelson68

Post by mnelson68 »

I look forward to this series with great interest, glad you all have faith with the squad.

Crastle_cog

Post by Crastle_cog »

secretzimbo wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:45 pm
ideal twitter/X user zim xi

nick welsh, mathew welsh, brain bunnet, david bunnet, craig irivine, sean william, brad even, jonathin cumball, duston melting, andrew oddendal, matthew shonking
Cumball :lol: :lol: