Zimbabwe vs Ireland one day and 20/20 series

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Zimbabwe vs Ireland one day and 20/20 series

Post by zimfan1 »

Really worrying about the pace bowling options. So thin after Blessing, Richie and Evans.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

zimfan1 wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:08 pm
sam_ahm wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:18 pm
Terrible squad. Burl the only white player selected. No faith shown in Bennett or Welch (unless there are disciplinary issues). No Jonathan Campbell either. Akram's selection is baffling too.

Zimbabwe appear well set to have some very depressing results ahead.
Why the comment about race? Not needed at all. Shumba and Munyonga scored more runs than Campbell in the Pro50 series.
Exactly!!!
There are some bad selections here both black, white and asian. It's just bad selection, not necessarily racism.

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

Jongwe is a lucky boy, is selected in basically every job even though he is rarely used with the ball and bats 8.

I hope KLong opens, that is where is has had success rather than at number 3. Imagine Raza will be 4, Burl 5 and Madande 6. Hope to see Mauvuta get a run over Wellington.

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

I'm glad Bennett was not selected, he has had a taste, now go back to domestic cricket and the "A" side and work on his game.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

zimfan1 wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:20 pm
Jongwe is a lucky boy, is selected in basically every job even though he is rarely used with the ball and bats 8.

I hope KLong opens, that is where is has had success rather than at number 3. Imagine Raza will be 4, Burl 5 and Madande 6. Hope to see Mauvuta get a run over Wellington.
I think they'll probably go with this tomorrow;
Gumbie, Kaia, Kamunhukamwe, Raza, Burl, Shumba, Madande, Jongwe, Wellington, Ngarava, Muzarabani

But then again they'll probably have Faraz opening the batting and bowling.

aydee

Post by aydee »

secretzimbo wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:32 pm
zimfan1 wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:20 pm

I think they'll probably go with this tomorrow;
Gumbie, Kaia, Kamunhukamwe, Raza, Burl, Shumba, Madande, Jongwe, Wellington, Ngarava, Muzarabani

But then again they'll probably have Faraz opening the batting and bowling.
You're right, I think that does look like the strongest side. I would prefer to see Mavuta, rather than Jongwe, at 8. That way you could play Chivanga over Wellington. Munyonga could get the nod over Shumba as well.

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

I feel that Mavuta is a better batsman than Jongwe in terms of his all round game.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

I got a feeling Jongwe will be targeted by the Irish.

Crastle_cog

Post by Crastle_cog »

I really don't understand the intuition of wanting to bat madande up the order. Why fix something when it ain't broke? It's not like we've very prominent lower order bats. What if madande isn't able to adapt to the pressure of facing the new ball considering we're 2-3 down early almost every game and that effects his overall confidence?

mnelson68

Post by mnelson68 »

zimfan1 wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:21 pm
I'm glad Bennett was not selected, he has had a taste, now go back to domestic cricket and the "A" side and work on his game.
Wow that's astonishing to me , you'd rather play guys who have been around longer and done nothing at international level than a bright prospect who if given more opportunity could become a long term player.